UT3 Unreal Old Friends Map Pack 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
Name: Unreal Old Friends Map Pack 2

Version: 1.0

Requirements: UT3 + Patch 2.1 + Titan Pack

Release date: April 1st, 2011

Homepage: UOF

Description: Since the first pack was well received by the UT3 community, the UOF team as decide to make a second pack. As the first, this pack is intended to be primarily a fun group project made by a great bunch of friends that combines several different mapping styles.

Many months of development & testing have been invested in this second pack, enjoy.

Game types: 2 CTF, 3 DM, 1 DOM, 2 Greed, 1 WAR

Wallpapers:

[screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/ctf-uof2-fatima.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof2-legacy.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof2-amytis.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof2-derez.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof2-napalikeep.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof2-orbitaldrift.jpg[/screenshot]

Download for PC (Manual installation):

Megashares
Odedge
UTZone.de

Download for PC (Windows installer):

Megashares
Odedge

Download for PS3 (Manual installation):

Megashares
Odedge
UT3MOD (each file available in USERDATA.JAM, not as a whole pack)

Manual installation:

Extract the UOF Map Pack 2.rar archive into :

"...\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps" directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it.

Automatic installer:

Run UOF Map Pack 2.exe & follow the steps. Note that a uninstaller is added in your Windows programs menu.

Manual installation for PS3:

Extract 'UOF Map Pack 2 for PS3.rar'. Each map of this pack as is own directory since you must copy each of the USERDATA.JAM file to a data card and insert it into the PS3 console. Note; CTF-Fatima isn't included. Therefore, DM-DeReZDe, a bonus version as been added :)

DM-Orbital Reconstruction by Lord_PorkSword, a DM variant of his WAR-Oribtal Drift map. A bonus Easter Egg from him for pack 2: :D

MediaFire or Megashares

Credits:

Level designers
Éric 'Bl!tz' Rigard
Jeff 'Odedge'
Jonatan 'Thrallala' Czapnik
Michael 'Lord_PorkSword' Lomman
Steve 'Stevelois' Loiselle

Internal coordination
1xTrEmE, Bl!tz & Odedge

Officials announcements, advertisements, compilation & upload, readme template, main readme
Stevelois

Greed conversion
Odedge

Windows Installer
Odedge

Wallpapers
Thrallala

Special requests
Sébastien NOVA

Testers
All level designers + 1xTrEmE, Achernar, Barballs, Cupcake, Diesalot, HO0815XX, Rathalos, Sébastien NOVA, TIPPER & Zergling

Others
Euchreplayer23 for everything regarding the PS3 conversion
Epic for the editor & assets
ClickTeam Install Creator for the free installer (http://www.clickteam.com)

UOF packs
Unreal Old Friends Map Pack 1

Last edited:

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
PS3 available soon!

The pack for the PS3 will be available soon :D

Take note ;

CTF-UOF2-Fatima isn't included.

Therefore,

DM-DeReZDe, a bonus version as been added :)

All credits for the PS3 goes to Euchreplayer23, THX a lot m8 ;)

The PS3 link will be post asap.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
great map pack!

CTF-GRD-UOF2-DeReZDe >> It looks like you're inside a map for a cartoon....ah, Tron, now I see it! This one has good trim, lighting and shadows and it makes for very short CTF matches, so I'll just comment on the Greed gameplay.;) One crazy layout for Greed but once I figured it out I was fine. It's somewhat tight in spots and flows well with good z-axis and good weapon/item placement. I had no issues with berserk in here but my weapons of choice in here were the flak cannon and rocket launcher.

DM-UOF2-DeReZ >> The atmosphere of the map changed slightly for DM, but it still seems the same fun layout and works for DM/TDM also. Bots are decent and can put up a good fight sometimes.

CTF-GRD-UOF2-NaPaliKeep >> another very short CTF match, so looks like another Greed only map (hence the text file mention); holy crap! Nice place for a match with bright burning sun, nebula, spired crags, fire and waterfalls, but it doesn't look like a very friendly place to live or even respawn. The bamboo, other trees, and great custom music also add a lot to the atmosphere of the map. The gameplay is wide-open jumppad crazy and is fun as long as you're on the winning team; my bot team fell way behind until I figured it out and we eventually won 60-57. It's large with many twists and turns and places to explore and doesn't really remind me of Peak at all (except maybe the castle in the UT3 version). Yes, the jumping could be better in here, but it's still fun. Bots seem a little better in this greed map.

CTF-UOF2-Fatima >> I liked the church ruins, architecture, rocks, water and the abyss; many paths to and from the flag bases with a very active central area with the bots being very good definitely doesn't make the gameplay dull. This also sounds like it could be a great online map as well. You'll also need the megahealth, unless your name is JD.;)

CTF-UOF2-Legacy >> Inside the bases are lava, crystal and rock tex/meshes that all look great; crystals must be the type that can take this heat. Hehe, another back-to-back flag bases CTF map that works well. The outside area is lush and tropical and the green is a nice contrast to the red/hot inside as said by Wolfy.Brandon. I like the sun coming through the archway bars, skybox, and sneaky armor vest location, but the waterfall and stream don't look quite right. Good flow and general gameplay, but the bots could be better; mine can't defend and to CTF is rather easy. The map seems finished to me with great details.

DM-UOF2-Amytis >> Is it Avatar? Is it Babylon? Is it a PITA? Maybe, but it's definitely not for the timid. As said by another but it also applies to me because I suck at low gravity maps too.:) I like the choice of colors and ramps with flowing water, islands, waterfalls and foliage. Not sure what's going on with the skybox, but that's one huge mountain or a close planet. I still don't like the slow-field powerup and not my type of gameplay in this map.....too much falling going on (especially by the bots.....ok, me too). For those that like this type of gameplay and the long-range weapons, I bet they will have fun.

DOM-UOF2-Amytis >> same map as above, but not really what I would consider a good candidate for DOM or DDOM and I was right. This one seems to work fine as a DOM map, but not DDOM (but I haven't installed latest UT3Dom either but very, very soon).

WAR-UOF2-OrbitalDrift >> Orbital, orbital, orbital, orbital......ah, drift this time.;) Definitely a different sort of warfare map in space that is. Atmosphere is as expected and I liked all the space beacons/defense weapons sticking out all over the place. The gameplay is not bad, but it gets really unnerving constantly attacking the center node. Bots are good in this one.

Lord_Porksword

Connoisseur of Bourbon!
Feb 11, 2009
South Australia
Easter Egg!

Here's my Easter Egg for the 2nd UOF Map Pack! :D

ReconScrn.jpg

Orbital Reconstruction is a Deathmatch variant of my map Oribtal Drift.
You can download it here: MediaFire MegaShares

Enjoy!! :)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
DM-UOF2-OrbitalReconstruction

Wow, forgot about this one; looks rebuilt with awesome skybox with aurora, nebula and asteroids; even though the caves are a bit tight, I like them as well as the green crystals other colors and pseudo red barriers; jumps can be tricky but otherwise good gameplay with a little falling and good bots.

DOM-OrbitalReconstruction > CDOM is quick and fun with a mad scramble for the control points and DDOM is tougher and the bots are very good.
http://www.mediafire.com/?hlzeb6foydh46bi