So yeah, it's out.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Since there was no demo ilk have to wait and see if it picks up up before buying. Doesn't look too good right now though. Its reviewing similar to UT3 with scores in the 80's, and there appears to be almost no pc user interest in the game around here.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Since there was no demo ilk have to wait and see if it picks up up before buying. Doesn't look too good right now though. Its reviewing similar to UT3 with scores in the 80's, and there appears to be almost no pc user interest in the game around here.

Actually there are quite a few reviews out there in the 90s as well. Just mentioning.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
80 isn't bad at all but after Castlevania Lords of Shadow, I stopped reading reviews.

I played it and it's pretty damn great (but short!), ALTHOUGH it needs a lot of improvements. Like what happened to Gears (unlike the UT series) I guess it can only get better from here.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
This game will die quickly especially after the horrendous absence of modding tools.

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
Update: A correction was made to this post to reflect that the free copy of Gears of War is only offered with Games for Windows Marketplace purchases. Other retailers will not be including a free copy of Gears of War, sorry guys.

F*** you!1!!!11

Nevertheless I bought a copy because I still have faith in Epic as a PC gamer.

p.s.: Is every PC game gonna cost $60 eventually? One thing I used to like about PC games was that they cost $10 less compared to console version on release.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Anyone from the US with the retail disk can comment on how Gears is packaged?
Is it like a dual DVD case, or did they cram the Bulletstorm disk on top of Gears?
Does it have it's own manual n' junk?

edit
^D'oh! instapost.
How stupid. They can't even get their marketing right.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
F*** you!1!!!11

p.s.: Is every PC game gonna cost $60 eventually? One thing I used to like about PC games was that they cost $10 less compared to console version on release.

Actually the PC version here in Europe costs 50€.
PC version has anti-aliasing apparently (?) and looks better than the console version - Bulletstorm on PC is probably better than the X360 and PS3 versions (what?!?).

And I don't know if it will quickly die but there will be always people who'll play for the leaderboards and points (just like any normal action game). There's a lot of stuff in the maps that you can use to rack up points. Definitely one of the few FPS games with replay value on SP.

But yeah I guys I say it from the view point of a Bulletstorm/Painkiller/Serious Sam ass fanboy, I suggest to wait until it will become cheaper.

P.S.: game has been pretty useful for inspiration for my EXU2 fanpack c:

Last edited:

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
OT: not that it matters much, but this has one of the worst looking installers I've seen in years.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
F*** you!1!!!11

I have faith in Epic as an engine distributor and nothing more. They burned the bridge twice for me.

And 60 dollar pc games are going to be the norm here pretty soon. You might have some 50 buckers like Portal 2, but that is going to be a rare thing.