OCZ RevoDrive

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
You would not need a hard drive, as the RevoDrive is bootable. However, cost versus performance is still fairly high. Over six hundred bucks for a 240GB drive? A 480GB RevoDrive goes for over $1200. No thanks. Unless you absolutely need to reduce latency to almost nil, a RevoDrive is a waste of money.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Revodrives are more useful for servers and stuff like that. I mean they are impressive drives but its rare that a user would need fast writes as well as fast reads... and not that fast reads.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Revodrives are more useful for servers and stuff like that. I mean they are impressive drives but its rare that a user would need fast writes as well as fast reads... and not that fast reads.

Well, the only reason I know of is recording HD-video. 720p@60fps is too high for a typical 7200 drive even when using MJPEG. Velociraptor would suffice though.