I gave my son my bank card details, it's clearly Microsofts fault

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Hey, who could blame that helpless mother? You can't expect her to check her bank statements more than once in 18 months and actually pay attention to what's on them. Microsoft is clearly mindcontrolling the 11 year old kid buying DLC and add-ons and god knows what else to rack up a 1082 quid bill. 1082 quid!

On a side note, 1082 quid! I know I buy a couple of downloadable games off XBLA a month, and maybe a couple avatar items, and some DLC too, but that much money? Wowza.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
"At least selling the Xbox 360 on eBay will go some way to recouping the £1,000"

lol, all the stuff that's on his account. he should sell the account not the 360!

by the way: M$ outsources their customer services. such companies can't "just help" people they are forced to follow strict procedures and aren't allowed to answer all sorts of stuff

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Non-physical items with monetary value never made sense anyway, especially money.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Pluses for the mother looking like a whore with nice titties

Other than that she is dumb as a rock and the kid doesn't look much brighter.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Let's say she should have checked into it, she didn't, and this is what happened. I'm sure many cases like this happen every months with the system. And by the way, the quotes do say she thought she was only getting charged for her kid to play online, so at some point she basically knew what her son was going for. Now the part where the little kid went into a DLC nutfest, is the part where should should have learned about the parental controls. Maybe she didn't have a clue the credit card info was stored? This **** happens, a lot.

Also, there's.... no sign of bad parenting.

Not saying what she did is right, but honestly guys, I think some people need to realize what bad parenting is. Take a look...

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBsxGepJGe0[/m]

Now take this moment to admit there's a severe difference between a kid using stored credit card info, and some Cocaine-sniffing asswhipe teaching her 7 year old daughter to trash talk on the internet.

Think about it, this case might be funny, but as far as bad parenting goes, I think people should reserve that to people who really deserves it.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBsxGepJGe0[/m]

Now take this moment to admit there's a severe difference between a kid using stored credit card info, and some Cocaine-sniffing asswhipe teaching her 7 year old daughter to trash talk on the internet.

Think about it, this case might be funny, but as far as bad parenting goes, I think people should reserve that to people who really deserves it.

Kantham don't lie, the moment she turns 18 she will be a perfect candidate to give handers around the corner of the local QuikTrip.

Danja

Mar 16, 2008
Near Toronto (Canada)
Haha, I remember reading this on 4chan earlier today, I can't believe she didn't check her credit card statements for a year and a half and then has the audacity to blame Micro$oft. That's really funny.

Also, how does 1100 Quid translate into Canadian dollars?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Juuussstt like that story where the totally innocent autistic kid got called out by microsoft for cheating.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Juuussstt like that story where the totally innocent autistic kid got called out by microsoft for cheating.
Wasn't it because he was a ****ing obnoxious douchebag with agoraphobia?
That might have been on PSN though.

By the way the agoraphobia bit was incredibly hilarious. He's rude to everyone he speaks to online but afraid to show himself in public... Agoraphobia, or common sense? :D