Unreal II to receive network support and more!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Exactly. I just don't get it though, I mean GreatEmerald didn't even believe me I contacted DE about it, until I showed him the email screenshotted, without the source though becasue I didn't want to reveal the email adresses to the public, but I had a proof at least when asked for. That guy had no proof and after I asked DE he claimed to have been talking to Epic and DE about it, but they didn't hear about it, Meridith Braun was shocked about it for example.

And the legality stuff was my idea, he claimed the contracts are expired, but when I asked DE they said the rights are still at Epic. Then I got blamed on oldunreal for ruining everything etc. That wasn't true at all.

But then again what do you expect from community that includes backdoors (or, new exploits which went unfixed) in their patches so that their dev team members can exploit it and crash servers when they get angry at server admins for no reason and I've seen it happen first hand and I won't shut up about it now and when the admin switched to 225 with nephthys the crashes never happened again. I am pretty much fed up with that, given up and I have never been given a credit for my work at the 227 patch either and it still breaks so many things.

In fact I believe more people have handed the source over, given how much some of the dev team members know about the engine, things they wouldn't normally know without acess to full sources.
And I don't care if smirftsch or anyone pops up any second and claim I am lying, I don't care at all. They abused me with one of their tight fisted admin, who has done really terrible things. I am not supporting them anymore, ever again.

They still block my IP after such a long time so they can just go stuff it and I won't be silent anymore.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Uhh, here we go again...
First of all, I reported no such things. You must be exaggerating or misinterpreting something there. Second, the information I got was quite convincing, I don't think you can make all that up and not get confused yourself in real time. Although I admit I had some doubts... But really nothing serious and I still pretty sure it's not a hoax. Especially since none of the officials ever denied that they exist, they just claim they don't have it - which is realistic since the original source also said that they were in possession of only a handful of people across the globe. And finally, Leo, keep your thoughts about 227 and your personal conflicts out of this. It's not getting anywhere.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Uhh, here we go again...
First of all, I reported no such things. You must be exaggerating or misinterpreting something there. Second, the information I got was quite convincing, I don't think you can make all that up and not get confused yourself in real time. Although I admit I had some doubts... But really nothing serious and I still pretty sure it's not a hoax. Especially since none of the officials ever denied that they exist, they just claim they don't have it - which is realistic since the original source also said that they were in possession of only a handful of people across the globe. And finally, Leo, keep your thoughts about 227 and your personal conflicts out of this. It's not getting anywhere.

You are just WRONG.

Of course betas existed, it's just the content info you were talking about that doesn't exist. Get it? Thanks.

And it is not my personal conflicts only, it happened to more people than me. Besides I am not lying in what I said. You will see, when I get the betas I will prove this all was hoax and you will kiss my ... .

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
No need to shout there. It's good to hear that you agree about their existence, and we won't know for sure about their contents until we have them, will we? So talking about it right now is useless.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
But then again what do you expect from community that includes backdoors (or, new exploits which went unfixed) in their patches so that their dev team members can exploit it and crash servers when they get angry at server admins for no reason and I've seen it happen first hand and I won't shut up about it now and when the admin switched to 225 with nephthys the crashes never happened again. I am pretty much fed up with that, given up and I have never been given a credit for my work at the 227 patch either and it still breaks so many things.

Who forgets that server on 227 that became unplayable due to stupid hacks or whatever - reverting back to 225 fixed everything.
It was somewhat hilarious though D:

Last edited:

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
Uhm Leo... at Unreal Skaarj Unleashed times (died UT sp Project) we also had something like static meshes, of course not implemented into the ed, since we had not somebody like Smirf who could implement it. They were in the very alpha phase, had plenty of bugs but what I trying to tell you: Only done with the public headers. You make a false accusation if you affirm that all the dev members would have the source. Same for Shadows UT SDK. Epic also wondered how he could do all those things, but the end he could proove as well, everything done with the public source. Cant you imagine that some people are just... well .. good?
The 227g patch is about to get released .. hopefully now .. really very soon. If this is a attempt to prevent it, you will fail.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Leo, you deserve obviously what you got. These idiotic accusations and paranoid crap you are spreading here is beyond any logic and again you have no clue what you are talking about.
http://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index.php?title=227_release_notes#Special_Thanks

so goan...please...and don't come back with that nonsense.

Last time I checked I wasn't credited, well thank you for crediting me in the end then.

But everything else I said wasn't paranoid and the crash happened on latest 227g and sure you haven't heard about it, but I have witnessed it and I have even chatlog, however I don't want to reveal the names of people involved, so if you want to know how it happened then PM me. But it is obvious there is a hidden backdoor or exploit which went unfixed.

I believe 227 is improvement in UnrealED stuff and I requested many features as well. So for developement of mods, it may be fine. But security wise? You gotta be kidding me, the damn exploits were only fixed partially and there are some new as well. So WTF. Stick to 225 with Nephthys as server, people, seriously.

As for Creavion, I didn't say I want to prevent it getting released, go release it, that's your thing, but don't expect me to support it.

I am NOT spreading any paranoid crap, the things that have happened over THERE are simple inexcusable and it just shows what kind of monsters are you, especially given who you are defending.

Last edited:

Smirftsch

May 9, 2000
www.oldunreal.com
Who forgets that server on 227 that became unplayable due to stupid hacks or whatever - reverting back to 225 fixed everything.
It was somewhat hilarious though D:

yeah, of course, that's why over half of all servers are 227 and running fine proofing this statement wrong.
The whatever is the inability to ask about changes and reading the release notes. Not that we have a forum or a wiki, no of course not.

And if you want to discuss about stupid hacks, grab 225 or even worse 226 and start counting. No one says 227 is perfect but the development gave anyone time and chances to test and report, to fix given problems. A chance the users never had with 226 which is as rip out of UT not even able to run a server without heavy replication issues, or any other previous patch. If not for Zora's Nephthys all 225 servers would have gone to hell years ago.

The conclusion of this speaks for itself. You don't need to like or use 227 and you never liked it, even after Epic confirmed my work. The why is beyond my knowledge, but the result can be easily seen.

Last time I checked I wasn't credited, well thank you for crediting me in the end then.

But everything else I said wasn't paranoid and the crash happened on latest 227g and sure you haven't heard about it, but I have witnessed it and I have even chatlog, however I don't want to reveal the names of people involved, so if you want to know how it happened then PM me. But it is obvious there is a hidden backdoor or exploit which went unfixed.

I believe 227 is improvement in UnrealED stuff and I requested many features as well. So for developement of mods, it may be fine. But security wise? You gotta be kidding me, the damn exploits were only fixed partially and there are some new as well. So WTF. Stick to 225 as server, people, seriously.

As for Creavion, I didn't say I want to prevent it getting released, go release it, that's your thing, but don't expect me to support it.

I am NOT spreading any paranoid crap, the things that have happened over THERE are simple inexcusable and it just shows what kind of monsters are you, especially given who you are defending.

It was there since you sent me your damn mail. Check the logs of the wiki. And it wasn't that remarkable what you did, many others did way more.
So far for that.

Where are these so called exploits of yours? There are no backdoors, no hidden exploits. Its just your paranoid imagination. Give me a working exploit, which is only partially fixed? All you do here is showing that these people "I defend" were obviously right.
But seriously, let the people try themselves, I don't need to claim anything here. Anyone can test.

And oh, and if there is something I haven't heard about, so whose fault is that then? From people you don't want to name. Bull****! - those unnamed people could have send me this and it's not my or 227's fault if they didn't.
Send me your "proof", I'm sick of your lies.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
At least the fact that 227 isn't fully safe security-wise has been acknowledged. And no, I've anymore nothing against 227 - once 227g will be available I'll get it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
It was there since you sent me your damn mail. Check the logs of the wiki.
So far for that.
Where are these so called exploits of yours? There are no backdoors, no hidden exploits. Its just your paranoid imagination. Give me a working exploit, which is only partially fixed? All you do here is showing that these people "I defend" were obviously right.
But seriously, let the people try themselves, I don't need to claim anything here. Anyone can test.

Okay, but because you haven't replied to my email I thought you didn't credit me, even after my request. And I didn't look since then. So ok, my fault there.

The exploit that was partially fixed is the one I made the security engine fix for. You can still mess up files inside Unreal directories(not outside anymore), but that is not the exploit fixed, that is only fixed pathing system or something. Jesus christ, you are really "Unreal" there.

As for the other exploit or backdoors, I do not know its details, but I saw the crashes and that it was clearly made by the person attacking as it crashed everytime he joined and said he will crash it etc etc.

They were right? They were right? You have to be kidding me, I have information and proof which can reveal this all, but I don't do so because people lives are endangered. Yes, it had gone to that level. That's all I can say. You are just a bunch of ****ing mafia out there.

And please enable your private messages will you? I can't send you anything and I don't trust your mail system, in that others won't read it.

Last edited:

Smirftsch

May 9, 2000
www.oldunreal.com
Do you even read what you are writing? No, I won't comment this any further.

But send me what you have, because my intentions are to fix things not to deny them. I need to know things in order to fix them. Claiming that there is an issue is worth nothing, not to proof something, not to fix something.

As always, you just need to work with me, not against me. But that seems to be quite impossible for some people.

At least the fact that 227 isn't fully safe security-wise has been acknowledged. And no, I've anymore nothing against 227 - once 227g will be available I'll get it.
LOL, dude, I wish there would be anything at all that is "fully safe security wise". Acknowledged is only that you never know what ideas people have. Only thing fully safe here is that I fixed all things known or reported to me.

Last edited:

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
As for the other exploit or backdoors, I do not know its details, but I saw the crashes and that it was clearly made by the person attacking as it crashed everytime he joined and said he will crash it etc etc.

They were right? They were right? You have to be kidding me, I have information and proof which can reveal this all, but I don't do so because people lives are endangered.
I also found a lot of issues during the development, mostly regarding the editor itself (old issues like in form of a "working" buggy bright corners testmap as well just to find a light overflow during rendering). When I found them, I reported them. Although I had to hear sometimes thats not possible on this way or I should not expect a patch being on the level of UEngine 2, I dont think my life was anytime as tester in danger.
If your friends (?) have found any backdoors - undesired or not - so why dont they report them? Could be kinda useful. I mean its better to "test" any possible hacks previously as something could really happen after release. They could be even thanked for their help. So far this sounds vague to me...