Bulletstorm Demo Hits Xbox LIVE, PSN, PC To Follow?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trustingsoup

Cannon fodder
Jan 20, 2008
In front of my computer
We care. A lot of us are PC gamers. Sometimes, things don't go as planned. Conspiracy theories are much more fun though! :thumbsup:

You've done so much to clear things up. :rolleyes:

Will Bulletstorm for PC have GFWL?

Don't worry
Even though you knew it would.

Why isn't there a PC demo?

Sometimes, things don't go as planned.

Considering your past non-answers I suspect you know why, but for some reason don't want to or are unable to tell us. The thing is, I don't know which one it is because you will not say.

Last edited:

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
Still riding the "Zombie Horse"
Good choice. PC gamers are fussy. Giving 'em a beta demo aint gonna get any sales. Demo needs to be good for people to buy game. Its ironic that PC peeps often hang the dev either way. If its released early its a "buggy" demo. If its released after apparently the dev now "doesnt care" about the PC. We cant have our cake and eat it too its one or the other guys. Personally I think epic made the right choice. Highest standard possible is the best thing to give sceptical pc gamers. A quick and easy convert from console demo will start the cries of "consolized". I do hope epic release demo around the time of the game launch though, otherwise theyre just shooting themselves in the foot on that platform.

Severin

Feb 8, 2008
I wonder if the pc demo of this game will be like the Linux version of UT3 which I am confident will be out any day now.:rolleyes:

Good choice. PC gamers are fussy. Giving 'em a beta demo aint gonna get any sales.
Especially when it accuratly reflects the level of quality in the "finished" product.

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
We care. A lot of us are PC gamers. Sometimes, things don't go as planned. Conspiracy theories are much more fun though! :thumbsup:

No, not really. At the very least you don't care about PC gamers as much as console gamers. Otherwise you would have released a demo on all platforms at the same time. PS3 users would say the same thing if a demo was released for just the 360 and PC instead. The priorities are obvious. It's ok, business is business. We can't blame you for an entire company's business model.

What I really don't understand though is that you would think this game would be a PC priority, like UT3. FPS on consoles have to be dumbed down just to be able to play them. You would think all the fast paced action would be better shown on a PC.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
No, not really. At the very least you don't care about PC gamers as much as console gamers. Otherwise you would have released a demo on all platforms at the same time. PS3 users would say the same thing if a demo was released for just the 360 and PC instead. The priorities are obvious. It's ok, business is business. We can't blame you for an entire company's business model.

What I really don't understand though is that you would think this game would be a PC priority, like UT3. FPS on consoles have to be dumbed down just to be able to play them. You would think all the fast paced action would be better shown on a PC.

Dude, give it a rest already. You're suggesting people caring about PC as a platform is directly related to a business decision made under circumstances you're not familiar with. Your logic is amazing.

Trustingsoup

Cannon fodder
Jan 20, 2008
In front of my computer
Dude, give it a rest already. You're suggesting people caring about PC as a platform is directly related to a business decision made under circumstances you're not familiar with. Your logic is amazing.

Maybe you should have a talk with this person then. They seem to contradict you.

The ONLY way to make them consider PC again is by voting with the wallet - but currently PC gamers DONT do that (for Epic games at least)

They are only oblidged to their shareholders and their team members! Also a direct 360 port is still better than not getting the game at all!
Yes they don't care about the plattform, but thats not a problem for THEM, its a problem for YOU, as YOU want THEIR games on YOUR plattform! You see the problem? ;)

In any case, im out of this - its pretty useless contining this disussion, but once our game is released we will see how many PC gamers are willing to put their money where their mouth is....

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000

I just wouldn't take what Epic (the company) does as an indicator about how the majority of Epic (the employees) feel about PC versus consoles.

They are obviously showcasing the game on 360 because they are expecting to get the majority of their sales on that platform, but once people see the kind of combos you can get on the PC that just aren't going to be possible on the consoles, it will be interesting to see what happens.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I have been told by 8 friends that they are getting this for the PC instead of xbox just so they can kick my Halo badmouthing ass. I plan to shove a cactus up thiers.

I still think this game needs a sandbox DM style gamemode.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004

She said sometimes things don't go as planned as if a PC demo had the same priority as the other demos and something went wrong. That is why I said not really. If the PC demo had the same priority then they would have waited to release all three at the same time or at the very least gave us a date or confirmed it was coming. The truth is that Mark Rein claims to be pushing for a PC demo but there doesn't seem to be any plans for one. So no, sorry, PC doesn't have the same priority no matter how many employees like the platform. I'm not pointing my finger at Epic necessarily, I'm pointing at whoever decided against a PC demo.

And I'm sorry if I'm a little disgusted, but why make something you're not willing to showcase to potential customers? It's a waste of time.

So I might download the demo on my 360 some day, but even if I like it how do I know the PC game will have better controls? I can't take people's word for it, because better controls means something different for everyone. So they probably lost a customer due to their (they being Epic, EA, whoever) lack of effort.

Grasshopper

Jan 21, 2008
Upstate NY
Good choice. PC gamers are fussy. Giving 'em a beta demo aint gonna get any sales. Demo needs to be good for people to buy game. Its ironic that PC peeps often hang the dev either way. If its released early its a "buggy" demo. If its released after apparently the dev now "doesnt care" about the PC. We cant have our cake and eat it too its one or the other guys. Personally I think epic made the right choice. Highest standard possible is the best thing to give sceptical pc gamers. A quick and easy convert from console demo will start the cries of "consolized". I do hope epic release demo around the time of the game launch though, otherwise theyre just shooting themselves in the foot on that platform.

A beta demo with some problems isn't why the devs get harassed. It's when the feedback isn't addressed for the final release. UT3 came out with all of the bugs that were talked about in the demo. There were marginal fixes in the patches. Mostly the game was unsupported for PC. This is what PC gamers are looking at with Bulletstorm.

Consoles are very simplistic. You can't have an elaborate UI when you only have a dozen buttons. There is no way that the PC version is going to be anything more than a port from console. That's what happened with UT3 and the same thing will happen here. If Micro$oft can tell players they will get the games FIRST on Xbox, they will pay for that bragging right. Consoles are cheap and plentiful. That's where the most game copies will be sold. It's a business decision. Don't try to give us that "PC gamers are our bread and butter" speech again.