So, I have a big favour to ask...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
BUMP

How are you coping with the debts Igoy?

I'm doing a photography course at uni at the moment and I'm on the verge of dropping out. As soon as a job opportunity comes up I'm out of there. I can't stand it, the course feels like an utter waste of my time and completely un-benefitial - I won't ramble though.

bbecham

Dec 13, 2010
no one will trust. and lots of will didn't take interest in this idea. go to the Govt. or banks for help..

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
Still riding the "Zombie Horse"
Hey Igoy :D
Hope things are a little better for you.
Partic health wise. I know what thats like. Ive been off work 2 yrs with a foot i can hardly walk on and struggle just to do stuff round the house atm. Ive also had to run the house solo for the last 7 weeks. Thankfully ive only got 2 days left. Things have been sliding backwards quick with only the one person to pay in the house, and it is so much cheaper here than london. I hope your at least getting better healthwise as that makes it hard for you to work.
I totally support your decision not to do some of the extras suggested. The money will come and go but the rest will follow you for a lifetime. It does show courage and gumption that you do have some class and pride. I hope things are going better. Things like this rattled my cage when i was younger. If your worrying isnt helping at the time try not to worry ( i know thats hard, but if it aint productive its only hurting more) and always remember "and this too shall pass...." $1200 is a mere hickup in a lifetime so dont fret too much ;)
Have you considered sending portfolios to advertising agencies and stuff? You may get some work and get to keep your self respect that way. Must be hard in london atm. A lot of businesses will know that an attractive girl will bring in a lot more money if its males spending it. This makes you more valuable in any sort of sales environment, which has a heavy male clientelle. Maybe target these sorts of businesses to give you an extra edge. The boss will know it before he even looks at you, theyre not silly generally :)

Last edited:

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
Do you seriously think I decided to pack in my degree on a whim? I had another year and a half to go on my degree. I couldn't stand the thought of going there for another minute, let alone that time. The degree I was doing is nothing to do with the things I would have possibly returned to do now, so a transfer is unlikely, and I am settled with what I am doing with my life now (bar the debt). Unless you're going into a very specific job field, degrees these days virtually mean nothing here. If two potential employees were going for the same job - one with work experience, and one with just a degree went for it, the one with the work experience would get the job.

If you want a further explaination about my reasons for leaving and proof I thought long and hard about it, I will direct you here.
Actually, internships are everything when coupled with a non-arts degree.

Props for dropping out sooner rather than later. I dont know how I feel about girls asking for money on heavily male forums. If anyone was on the bodybuilding.com forums a few years ago, a bunch of sad virgins bought a girl a car.

I graduated college from a public university and only had 18k USD of debt to pay off. I took care of my immediate debts by working and selling off **** I didnt NEED. I also contemplated breaking it off with a GF, because she was a moneypit. That was a really hard time.

Your debt is not that substantial and I imagine that you have already paid off your grants.

I'm not sure you managed to get a single donor, but if you did...I hope you put them above yourself. IE, not living above your means by feeling entitled to cable TV(is it free over there?), anything but basic Cell phone plan, internet, going out too much socially, etc.

You are not independent if you are asking strangers for money. I might suggest moving home, if at all possible...or finding a cheaper place to rent.

Good luck in the future.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
Excuse me, "Scott", but who are you to make assumptions about me?

No, I have not paid off my debts. They are substantial to me, and if I had the money I would have paid them myself. GO FIGURE. I do not have cable tv, I do not have a contract cell phone, I haven't gone on a single ****ing night out since my birthday (May last year) so before you make assumptions you condescending ****er, how about you ask about my financial situation?

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
BUMP

How are you coping with the debts Igoy?

I'm doing a photography course at uni at the moment and I'm on the verge of dropping out. As soon as a job opportunity comes up I'm out of there. I can't stand it, the course feels like an utter waste of my time and completely un-benefitial - I won't ramble though.

Hi WaitForTheRain

From my understanding, a lot of people quickly become disappointed with arts based degrees. I couldn't agree more with you about it being un-beneficial, though. With a photography degree, they can't actually "teach" you how to be a good photographer, that comes with practise. I think the best way to make it in that kind of career is to practise loads and improve on your skills and portfolios in your own time.

As for the debts, from the kindness of people who did donate, I was able to make a small upfront payment, and I am now paying it back in monthly installments. However, due to my outcome being almost equal with my income the amount I am paying back is very small, so I will have this debt for a while, sadly. I have started collecting money together to pay people back. I have had a few more health scares recently so I've been having a few hospital trips inbetween work, but things hopefully are on the mend.

Hope you find a job soon! Are you looking for one in the photography field?

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
I graduated college from a public university and only had 18k USD of debt to pay off. I took care of my immediate debts by working and selling off **** I didnt NEED. I also contemplated breaking it off with a GF, because she was a moneypit. That was a really hard time.

Your debt is not that substantial and I imagine that you have already paid off your grants.

I'm not sure you managed to get a single donor, but if you did...I hope you put them above yourself. IE, not living above your means by feeling entitled to cable TV(is it free over there?), anything but basic Cell phone plan, internet, going out too much socially, etc.

You are not independent if you are asking strangers for money. I might suggest moving home, if at all possible...or finding a cheaper place to rent.
:lol:

I don't know what to say, for some reason this was highly amusing. You should live in Britain for a year.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Not a stupid and unreadable edit: Igoy's latest posts suggest that her things got sorted out, yet there will still be forumers coming back and forth in this topic talking about solutions to her so called problem.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
^I think someone did hard drugs for the first time this weekend. Or heavy trauma to the head.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Neither, I just don't like reading a post 3 times to understand what he's saying. I know English is not his native tounge, but even polycron makes more sense.

I'm not being serious and I do know that it can be difficult for a foreigner to always be eligible but I think this weekend kanth has been taking the piss and I do want to know what has happened.

edit: ever since azura got the hell out and poly being clinically depressed we got no myspaceesque threads where one person is beggign for pity and we could frankly need some instead of more lame attempts at discussing domestic american politics.

Last edited: