Cliff B Tweaks PC Gamers Over MIA Bulletstorm Demo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Lot o "hate"ery around here...lighten up folks. Lot of REAL problems in the word and people get all up in arms over a silly comical twitter post.

Hal, I don't think arlopunk was making fun you either...unless I'm missing some history.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Everyone with some common sense knows he made the comment to poke fun at the attitudes of PC gamers. They love to moan and groan about the smallest detail.

Lean being taken out of MW2 - check
Prone being taken out of BC2 - check
Various pc titles with crappy menus, but certainly not game breaking - check

It is very simple really folks - no pc demo, no buy. Don't rage about it as there are plenty of other games out there.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I overheard my testicles gossiping. The left nut told the right nut that just between the three of them he wasn't hanging around for a dick that couldn't be bothered with those that knew where he came from.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
[GU]elmur_fud;2489609 said:
I overheard my testicles gossiping. The left nut told the right nut that just between the three of them he wasn't hanging around for a dick that couldn't be bothered with those that knew where he came from.

I just had Taco Bell so I have enough brain food to decipher what this means

The dick = Clifford
The testicles = pc gamers

Clifford got his start on the pc and should never EVER forget his roots, otherwise we may just completely forget about him entirely. Ahyuck :awkward:

[DUF]-Fragger

Jul 9, 2002
The Netherlands
Pfft First the huge disapointment with UT3 (ok i'm kind of over it). So i thought hey Bulletstorm YEAH thats my game. But hey wait, no REAL multiplayer?? and NO demo??

Well i will skip this game, play ut2k4 for another decade and maybe MAYBE in the meantime there will be a true - fast - kickass - fps - multiplayer game. (without effing tanks, and without army's, and without ww2 sh*t)

/me is off for some meditation, something with ying yang.

Gr Fragger

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
buuuh my pc version

There's no need to cry, it's a win win situation for everyone. The game will be pirated anyway by angry PC gamers who in the worst scenario will get to play another mediocre game ala Gears of War and Cliffy will get what he wants, success and sales on consoles (their main target).

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
GOW port was good. It actually ran much more better than UT3 on my machine, surprisingly...

Pfft First the huge disapointment with UT3 (ok i'm kind of over it). So i thought hey Bulletstorm YEAH thats my game. But hey wait, no REAL multiplayer?? and NO demo??

It has MP modes, DM isn't one of them though.

Last edited:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
GOW port was good. It actually ran much more better than UT3 on my machine, surprisingly...

It kind of had to since the target hardware was the 360. Performance on PC is probably the single benefit of console ports due to the optimization to get good performance on what would normally (for PC) be underperforming hardware.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
It kind of had to since the target hardware was the 360. Performance on PC is probably the single benefit of console ports due to the optimization to get good performance on what would normally (for PC) be underperforming hardware.

That's actually true.
Now that I remember, the PC-exclusive levels were more FPS-consuming compared to the rest of the game.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri

While it might often be the case, I wish that were always true. I tried the Halo PC on my machine that was several times the power of an XBox and the performance was terrible.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Lame. This will probably cost them a couple of initial sales. Or they're going to pull a Blizzard.

Anyway, I'm going to buy this game for the PC, and not for any console (as games like these play like crap with a controller). And if they pull a Bethesda/Obsidian it probably won't be a day one perch.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
While it might often be the case, I wish that were always true. I tried the Halo PC on my machine that was several times the power of an XBox and the performance was terrible.
That's because, for some god-awful reason Gearbox ported Halo to DX9. And that didn't work out so well for the game.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Which is? Only thing I can think of is the DLC exclusive crap.

Screwing over most of European PC gamers by not releasing the collectors edition of New Vegas for the PC in most countries.
I would have bought that edition if it was available for me. So in the end I bough New Vegas for only 20 euros when it was on sale at an online retailer.

(Yes, I tried to import one from a UK based retailer, but they said they weren't going to ship it outside of the UK; not allowed by BethSoft).

Last edited: