Cliff B Tweaks PC Gamers Over MIA Bulletstorm Demo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
Did I say in what media that behavior is and isn't acceptable? Looks like you tried to add a lot of meaning to my statement that wasn't there. The internet is full of such dweebs.

Then why did you say that "Twitter is a place to be pithy, witty, full of tude, etc." and asked yourself why "people whine so much and take this so seriously?" (if not to justify him?)

Last edited:

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Then why did you say that "Twitter is a place to be pithy, witty, full of tude, etc." and asked yourself why "people whine so much and take this so seriously?" (if not to justify him?)

Internet arguments are a waste of time at best but oh well....

You implied that I had said it would be acceptable were it not Twitter. I don't believe that and I never said it. Other places where it is acceptable: Facebook, Blogger, your mom, an official interview probably. HE SAID "GRUMPY." He acknowledged PC gamers wouldn't be happy. He didn't follow that up with "so go suck it." He just said that the left out customer base wouldn't like the news he delivered. OMG FIRE CLIFF!!!!11!11!!!!11!!1!!

ChookWoods

Jun 19, 2005
the game is made on pc. yes i get the whole console port lulz but srsly, if they cant come out with a pc demo... something must be wrong.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's highly unlikely that the PC game isn't done yet. It has to be certified through MS just like the 360 version, thus it's highly likely that all versions of the game are done at this point.

U

ut04-ARLOPUNK

MISSING THE POINT

Am I the only one who noticed how incredibly witty Hal is!? He uses Shakespeare like a ****ing PIMP. CliffyB can only dream of being as witty as Hal.

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
Internet arguments are a waste of time at best but oh well....

You implied that I had said it would be acceptable were it not Twitter. I don't believe that and I never said it. Other places where it is acceptable: Facebook, Blogger, your mom, an official interview probably. HE SAID "GRUMPY." He acknowledged PC gamers wouldn't be happy. He didn't follow that up with "so go suck it." He just said that the left out customer base wouldn't like the news he delivered. OMG FIRE CLIFF!!!!11!11!!!!11!!1!!
The way he said it pretty much meant "Deal with it PC gamers, cause I don't care either way." It should not have been acceptable for anybody to take this kind of negativity. If the consolers were the ones receiving this, they will have a right to be angry about it, just as we do now.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
You guys are idiots. There is no PC demo yet because they haven't finished porting the demo/game over for us yet. As soon as they port the console version for us, I'm sure a demo will be released.

Deal with it.
First, with UE3 there's no porting, it's simultaneous development for all three platforms. Second, most games go gold 3 weeks before hitting retail, it would be quite late to do the porting for any game, if it's a bit more than 30 days till release.

As for the subject - that's usual cliffyb douchebaggery level just with Bulletstorm multiplier applied. That multiplier is quite noticeable if you look at all game-related PR.

Last edited:

Mia'cova

Oldskool Lurker
Jan 29, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
CliffyB is payed big bucks to put on his persona, whether you like that persona or not.

I wish there was a game demo. But to get so worked over a tweet that used the word "grumpy"? Laugh out freaking loud.

I first met cliff like 10 years ago. Before UT had even been released. If there's one thing I can tell you, that's his personality. He plays it up when he's excited. You could call him the class clown of epic, so to speak. But he loves it. He has always been like that. It's nothing new and it's something he loves doing. He does this because he loves it 1st. Money 2nd. He has been joking around and designing games long before he started making serious money.

As for the bit about the PC gamers being grumpy, he's just trying to be amusing. This bit isn't directed at Danny, just as a general comment. I'm just saying he's not even really trying to be that funny. There's just a lot of history with PC gaming being the premier platform for shooters. Cliff knows this. He'd take a mouse & keyboard over a controller any day. But we've all come to accept that consoles, due to sales, are now the target platform. And now that we've all gotten over that, the comment is more just an amusing reference to our not so distant past where releasing a demo on the console first would cause a real ****storm.

Also, bulletstorm looks sick. I'm stoked.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Eh let him vent.

It has to be certified through MS just like the 360 version

And we know how long that takes on the 360. Given MS's attitude lately I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the "when we get to it" pile...

U

Unregistered

You guys are idiots. There is no PC demo yet because they haven't finished porting the demo/game over for us yet. As soon as they port the console version for us, I'm sure a demo will be released.

Deal with it.

Yeah, sure, and there is no Gears of Wars 2 for PC yet because they haven't finished porting the game over for us yet.

Completely unprofessional. Just what was excepted from CliffyB.

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
Do we really want another beta demo?

CliffyB just needs to mention the following and all will be well:

Map Editor/Mod Support

Last edited:

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
There's just a lot of history with PC gaming being the premier platform for shooters. Cliff knows this. He'd take a mouse & keyboard over a controller any day.
That's some pretty hard to believe. Maybe if he actually said or did something to that effect, but he has not and likely will not do so in the future, cause he loves his consoles.