Bulletstorm: Weapons, Echoes, and Anarchy Mode

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Weapons and the Echoes and Anarchy game modes are the topics of the latest Bulletstorm trailer. Crispy! The demo drops for PS3 and Xbox 360 on January 25th.

Bgood

Oct 30, 2010
Been pretty skeptical about this as a PC gamer , but this actually looks pretty good.

If they'd put together a proper competitive multiplayer for PC players (why not???), this game could be a must buy rather than its current status as a could buy.

Elude

Apr 17, 2010
Why no player on player combat?

I take it they don't want to take the time to balance their combat system for player on player combat, so they take the easier way out, and only include player on bot modes.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Why no player on player combat?

I take it they don't want to take the time to balance their combat system for player on player combat, so they take the easier way out, and only include player on bot modes.
No, I think it's because it isn't a typical guys-with-guns game. The guns play in conjunction with the bullet-time and combo system to form the core of the game. PvP with constant slow down and environmental damage would be a nightmare.

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Yeah I know :(

But after, with hindsight, an unfair bashing Epic got from UT fans on their own forums. After they released that UT3 Beta demo, you can't really blame them.

That's true, with the UT3 demo not being polished...I rather see them take their time to release a really good game instead of rushing things.

I'm not concerned about the lack of a PC demo, but will wait for the reviews and see.

ShadowBlade

RuneStorm developer
May 4, 2006
South Africa
www.runestorm.com
No, I think it's because it isn't a typical guys-with-guns game. The guns play in conjunction with the bullet-time and combo system to form the core of the game. PvP with constant slow down and environmental damage would be a nightmare.

I think this is right. I don't think players would like being slowed down constantly and treated like a ragdoll constantly. AI don't mind it all all of course :)

Besides, if you want DM, there is UT ;)

Last edited:

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site

But after, with hindsight, an unfair bashing Epic got from UT fans on their own forums. After they released that UT3 Beta demo, you can't really blame them.

If they can find time to do demos for the consoles (with all that certification and ****) they surely could do a PC demo.

And please, they deserved everything they got for that UT3 beta.
Im surprised if any non-UT fan bought UT3 after trying the beta.

Instead they shouldave taken this opportunity to show that the UT3 beta was a onetime misstake and put out a perfect demo for Bulletstorm, but no they just give up.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
For me it's no problem if there is no PC demo. Im curious for the first impressions on Xbox and PS3. Maybe they find some bugs or exploits to fix while that beta...äh...demo.
If there is something strange about this than it's a message via twitter from it's own Design Director.
http://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/25979475304906752

How can someone official talk that way? He really throw oil on the fire with that message. Im 'grumpy' about that stupidness...

Last edited:

RoadKillGrill

Got Lead?
Dec 11, 2004
rahkogen.net

Considering that pretty much all the bugs from the beta demo shipped in the retail is it really fair to blame the fans for complaining about the game not being finished?

That's true, with the UT3 demo not being polished...I rather see them take their time to release a really good game instead of rushing things.

I'm not concerned about the lack of a PC demo, but will wait for the reviews and see.

Retail was no more polished :-/ not sure if thats a fair assasment. NFS HP had no PC demo and shipped poorly as well and that was a recent EA title.

Also the 90% reviews will be based on the 360 version not the PC or the PS3, I doubt many reviewers will actually play the different versions they usually copy and paste reviews from one platform to the next.

Last edited:

Bgood

Oct 30, 2010

Yep this is probably the reason.

PCF's Painkiller did have a multiplayer with Rocket launchers only iirc, so something could have been worked out. Maybe with static environment maps, no overpowered bullet time leash either (the leash's inclusion looks like it'll over simplify and noobify the game anyway, least on PC). If anything the leash looks really out of place already from all the footage so far.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The leash is the best thing about this game, really. Just that overcharge thing bought me, it got serious potential. This isn't UT anyway with Deathmatch, etc... I'm fine already with the UT3 one which never stops being awesome.

{Ogre}Spin

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
I'm now pretty much dead set to buy the game as soon as it comes out, feeling pretty confident I'm going to get good value from it. I've enjoyed the fact that epic have shown a consistent, building pace with the PR since announcing the title and are really ramping it up with some imaginative (although not always hitting the mark with everyone) promotional vids.

Not massively disappointed about the lack of a pc demo, to be fair, since I wasn't expecting one and don't really bother downloading demos.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Lack of demo is going to be a real clincher for me, since I've been on the fence about this game for a long time. I doubt any of my friends will buy it, so I probably won't get to try it unless I downloaded it - and I can't be fecked to download 8-9Gb of file I'm not massively interested in.

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
For me it's no problem if there is no PC demo. Im curious for the first impressions on Xbox and PS3.
Difficulty level and speed of game... pad users may find it ok, but PC gamers will get bored after a number of ridiculous kills performed on helpless opponents.