Eye Glasses

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What kind of eyeglass lenses do you like?

• Total voters

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
I'm going to get some new ones this weekend.
I only get glass ones.
Because:
A. They last longer.
B. Harder to scratch.
C. The can turn dark in the sun.
D. There not called "Eye Plastics"

What kind do you like?

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
One thing to note is that transition lenses, while nice, WILL transition indoors. If you do anything where you have to be able to judge color and contrast accurately, don't get them. I hated them when doing photography. Plus, I did design work in the newspaper industry - proofing colors by eye quickly is important - so transitions were a no-go for me.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Be careful of the polycarbonate lenses. While they may be more impact resistant than standard plastic lenses, not everyone can use them. Depending on the type and strength of correction you need, polycarbonate lenses can induce some serious headaches. Most people can adjust after a few days to a few weeks, but the several days I suffered, the headaches were unbearable. I went back to a standard plastic lens and the headaches cleared up immediately.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I get whatever is thinnest. My glasses prescription is a -6.50 and I have to wear special safety lenses at work that weigh a ton, relatively speaking. So when I'm done with work, I like to be able to forget that they're on my head.

Otherwise I wear contacts.

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster
I get plastic because of the lens type. I have anti glare coating on my single vision computer glasses, which means they are plastic. I like the no line progressive lens with photochromic material (transitions lens) which get dark when exposed to light, transition are plastic of course, for everything else like driving, walking, and general use.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Glass.

But I think laser eye surgery should be provided for free for everybody because glasses are pretty archaic at this stage.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
My eyes are currently still hawk-like. I expect to need glasses at some point thanks to my profession.
EDIT: And when I do, I'm opting for akimbo monocles.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Glass.

But I think laser eye surgery should be provided for free for everybody because glasses are pretty archaic at this stage.

Because the front of your eye falling out after a couple years cause your eye had been sliced open isn't archaic at all. :)

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Because the front of your eye falling out after a couple years cause your eye had been sliced open isn't archaic at all. :)

Yeah, until all of the significant risks with laser eye surgery are fleshed out, I elect not to risk screwing up my vision more than it is already screwed up, especially at my relatively young age.

For me, I prefer glass lenses because they aren't made of oil byproducts, and glass is generally harder than plastics.