Bulletstorm Via Steam

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
Riiiight... GFWL and Steam DON'T mix. Can't f*ckin' believe that crap (GFWL) is still being shoved at the customers.

{Ogre}Spin

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Thes fact that it will be on steam means I will buy it.

When it's on a deal weekend :p

If epic read here, a 40% off deal weekend quite soon after release will REALLy help your sales ;) Please do that. Thanks.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Why does everyone hate GFWL so much? I have Fallout 3 installed, which uses GFWL, and I haven't seen it do anything negative at all. Then again, I've never even used it, I just installed the game and went straight to playing.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Why does everyone hate GFWL so much? I have Fallout 3 installed, which uses GFWL, and I haven't seen it do anything negative at all. Then again, I've never even used it, I just installed the game and went straight to playing.

Fallout 3 barely uses GFWL except for seeing that you have DLC installed so it really isn't a good example. I guess I could count myself as being lucky, the only issue was me having to update the client just so it would recognize that I did have those DLC installed.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Fallout 3 had that horrible stuttering radio bug that was solely caused by a GFWL update and never fixed that I can recall.

Bgood

Oct 30, 2010
Steam's major strength is the servers they use are generally flawless in delivery. Steam has been fantastic for PC gamers in so much as the Steam client being free too. Does anyone believe for a second that if Steam wasn't what it is , MS wouldn't have tried to have all windows gamers on Xbox type gold accounts by now?

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
No, because they did try that. And when it failed and they turned it off, it hardly helped their system at all.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I really dont' know now, if I want two layers of DRM - one of them somewhat useful, or just one useless layer.
I'll have to see how the Steam release/patching goes.

Kind of miffed at all this because I really wanted to get it week one.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I'm fine with others using Steam, since I know that it can be useful for others, just that I will never buy anything there myself. Which allows me to view this from a different perspective.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
Sweet it will be 15 bucks in two months after release. :lol:

Who cares? I love Bulletstorm but after two months I have finished the singleplayer and if there is no 'true' MP or an editor I will shift to the next game.
That could be Homefront, Shogun 2, Witcher 2, Trine 2 or Portal 2. These are all releases of the first half-year 2011. So don't waste time for waiting because of that 10-15 bucks cheaper... :rolleyes:

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
First it was Gamespy+Steam and now GFWL+Steam.
Do Epic has a person full time trying to lower the PC numbers?

Theres so many promising PC games coming out this spring ill pass this one.
Maybe if its for sale on Steam some day ill buy it but itll have to be very cheap.