Bulletstorm Story + Characters Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
I am glad to have several new words in my profanity vocabulary thanks to this trailer, though as far as story/character introductions go, it's made me confused on whether to believe the video or Adrian Chmielarz who said the story has depth.
Also, curse you, Bulletstorm, for making female Shepard say something like 'limpdick retards'. :(

Apr 11, 2006
Why is is the more I see this game the more I fear the game is going to be 4 hours long and have a meh multiplayer.

Yep.

I thought the whole style of the video was kind of depressing and off-putting. I mean, I'm sure that these guys are excited for their product and everything, but do we need to have them up on camera making cheesy one liner jokes and play acting? And naturally every scene change needs to be punctuated with a punch sound effect. Reminds me of these commercials:

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luZZQ4K3lqs[/M]

Also, curse you, Bulletstorm, for making female Shepard say something like 'limpdick retards'. :(

Yeah. I totally don't see Spike Spiegel (Steve Blum) saying any of Grayson's lines either. His voice definitely does not go with the character's appearance.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Indeed. I sure hope not. If Bulletstorm integrates with Gamespy or GFWL............ :(

There was that partnership with Valve that includes Steamworks integration out of the box with the latest UDK builds. If they're not including that in their latest flagship PC title I'm going to be sad.

I'm a bit nervous about a day 1 Steam release since they didn't put the new Need For Speed on the service until several weeks after the launch. Something weird is going on.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
hahaha. Seriously though, I prefer the faces of computer/game geeks than of this stupid anorgasmic chick. Not that the other guy doesn't look or behave like a complete CliffyB wannabe...

Tastes are tastes I know

But I say it, they looked quite dumb in that video, no offense to them.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
A cheesy unrealistic over the top shooter with ridiculous combat?

I for one am looking foreword to more games like these. We have not had enough of them.

We might finally get DNF as well.

The one-liners in the previous trailers seemed awfully forced. Borderlands was a lot of fun last year but my general opinion of Bulletstorm is that it sits on the wrong side of "takes itself too seriously" line. It lacks the "wink wink, nudge nudge" factor I like in over the top games.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
They're focusing so much on the story that's just unnecessary; it was cooler when they announced the game for the first time - it was all about bang bang and fertilizers. But if they manage to make the story worthwhile as the gameplay itself, it's okay, fully.
I'd get every one of these unique FPS games anyway (except DNF). The Heckaton owns 1000 Unreal Titans.

Last edited:

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
A cheesy unrealistic over the top shooter with ridiculous combat?

I for one am looking foreword to more games like these. We have not had enough of them.

+1
I'm tired of WW2 and counter terrorism.
Somehow, shooting aliens in the face never grows old :lol:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Lurker_SC1_Art1.jpg

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Shane Caudle
Alan Willard
Cedric Fiorentino
Sidney Rauchberger
Juan Pancho Eekels
Elliot Cannon
James Hawkins
Alexander Brandon
... GODS

Tanya Jessen = nobody

No Cliff? His Unreal maps were some of the best ones, no contest.
Also no Jeremy War, terrible list!

Last edited: