World of Warcrafters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Nice. Yeah we're going to try again next Saturday/Sunday. For ours, I was the highest DPS at about 7k during the fight. We couldn't get the Valk's stopped in time for people to get thrown over the edge. We had a Warlock put his portal up, and stay near the edge, so the Valk would go after him more often, and he could just portal back when she dropped him, but he placed his Portal too far in. :lol:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Your highest DPS was 7k? You should have people (Warlocks, Mages, Shadow Priests mostly) pulling ~10,000 DPS. That's kind of a moot point, though, since it's largely a result of 4.0 changes and you could definitely do it without that much DPS.

If you can't get people to stun and snare the Valkyrs, you're screwed. If you can't get people to move away from Defile, you're screwed. I mean, that's basically the whole fight.

Phase 1: Offtank manages the adds and people who get the disease run behind those mobs and get cleansed so the disease hops to the adds and kills them off.

Phase 1.5: Tanks manage the Raging Spirits, healers and DPS spread out between the two tanks and kill the Raging Spirits and the Ice Spheres before those get too close. Earthquake time, run in.

Phase 2: Tank LK in the center, facing away from the raid. Everyone groups up behind him until the Valkyr (Valkyrs in 25) comes, then spread out to reduce issues with Defile. When he picks a Defile target, that guy needs to go either north or south and deposit the Defile away from the path of the Valkyrs. Uh oh here comes Remorseless Winter again, get to the edge (I've always used the eastern edge).

Phase 2.5 same as Phase 1.5

Phase 3: No more Valkyrs, look out for Defiles. When he does Soul Harvest heal the crap out of that person, they get sucked into Frostmourne and have to either heal the NPC inside or help him kill the bad guys.

Oh **** guys he just wiped us!

Phase 4: Free Purples, enjoy.

It's a great fight, really. Mostly it's about coordination, which is honestly the hardest part of any raid. Either people pay attention and learn from their mistakes, or they do not.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Well I ran ICC10 with my guild today, and I kinda F'ed it up. Nobody has ever told me to not talk to the King of Stormwind at the beginning. If you do, he takes the 30% Buff away. Whoops!

Atleast we had killed 7 bosses, and were coming to an end, but we still wanted to get the Queen down. Yeah.. that didn't happen.

Tanks lost about 20k hp. Healers couldn't heal. DPS was horrible. Yep, fun times.

And me being me, I didn't admit to it. Hell nah, it was the other Dwarf!

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
To be fair you should really still be able to do it without the buff but that is pretty hilarious dude

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
cata = end of wow

it was fun while it lasted though.

emot-psyduck.gif

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
cata = end of wow

it was fun while it lasted though.

Says you. I played it for about 4 hours last night, questing in Vash'jir and ran The Throne of Tides once with some friends, and I was having a blast.

One thing I'm glad they fixed in Cata that Wrath just didn't have was good Art Direction (with the exception of Crystal Song Forest). Wrath was very visually boring to me. I really enjoyed BC, and Cata has a nice art style to it as well.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Says you. I played it for about 4 hours last night, questing in Vash'jir and ran The Throne of Tides once with some friends, and I was having a blast.

One thing I'm glad they fixed in Cata that Wrath just didn't have was good Art Direction (with the exception of Crystal Song Forest). Wrath was very visually boring to me. I really enjoyed BC, and Cata has a nice art style to it as well.
I wouldnt' call it a "fix" I'd call it a change that appeals to a different audience. The art direction in wrath was great imo.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I thought Wrath art was great. I'm really digging this expansion. I just finished Hyjal tonight. Took me two nights of questing! It was really fun, though, even with all the people camping spawns and stuff. It's actually kind of funny how few people are willing to group up for quests.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Ok, I bought it and I'm impressed. The game is very very good. It's better than Wrath I'd say, leveling is a lot of fun. Some of the quests are really inspired, like the speech quest in Hyjal. I heard the end game is also much harder this time around.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Ok, I bought it and I'm impressed. The game is very very good. It's better than Wrath I'd say, leveling is a lot of fun. Some of the quests are really inspired, like the speech quest in Hyjal. I heard the end game is also much harder this time around.

Hell, even the new or revamped dungeons are harder. I ran both Blackrock Caverns and Stonecore as a healer. Let me tell you, at level 81 it gets a lot harder to manage mana. Even the non-boss mobs have gimmicks. It was definitely fun, though.

Hyjal was a lot of fun, I'm just getting started in Deepholm now. I'll go back and do the zones I've missed once I max out my level.

Oh, one irritating thing: all the new enchantments I got require an item level 300 or greater item. I have nothing at that level yet. I guess I'll just make some sparkly vellums.