If UT4 was announced...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
1) Quality of release - I realize this may not have been Epic's fault, but seeing how UT3 went, it HAS to be on the list.

2) Color - I agree with whats been said above. A little more diversity in color would be nice. This game is not real, not even close, so why do the graphics need to be. It's an ARCADE SHOOTER!

3) Gametypes - I think the idea of a "fractured community" is actually a misconception. I was one of those people, but after playing alongside a bunch of (pansy) Carzz guys for some time now on the greed servers, I'm pretty sure that the Carzz guys were probably never DM guys and vice versa. If anything, I think the extra game types tend to pull people in who wouldnt normally look at a straight shoot em up game like quake or ut.

Bottom line is this: Greed MUST STAY. It's actually more fun and intense than CTF or DM ever were for me. (I just said it.) It would be nice however, to see what Epic could do in terms of level design solely for Greed, as a lot of the CTF/VCTF maps have quirks in them that don't play so well with the game type. For instance, Carzz can be parked on the score hole in almost all of the VCTF maps, making them one giant campfest.

4) BINDABLE VOICE TAUNTS!!!! Seriously, the absence of a bindable acknowlegdement puts too much stress on voice chat, and then you have to listen to some drunkass babble on and on and on because you can't set anything up in game. (Chat binds require you to divert your eyes, so I dont count those.)

Flame ON!

Last edited:

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
3) Gametypes - I think the idea of a "fractured community" is actually a misconception. I was one of those people, but after playing alongside a bunch of (pansy) Carzz guys for some time now on the greed servers, I'm pretty sure that the Carzz guys were probably never DM guys and vice versa. If anything, I think the extra game types tend to pull people in who wouldnt normally look at a straight shoot em up game like quake or ut.

I always found this weird. I am not super-mega-pr0 at either of these, but I am pretty good at both in general (maybe leaning to better at vehicle stuff).

Maybe it is because I played BF1942 second to UT as a child :p. Although I would think if you are good at DM/CTF you would naturally be good at Caez, since they are much easier to learn/use.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I always found this weird. I am not super-mega-pr0 at either of these, but I am pretty good at both in general (maybe leaning to better at vehicle stuff).

Maybe it is because I played BF1942 second to UT as a child :p. Although I would think if you are good at DM/CTF you would naturally be good at Caez, since they are much easier to learn/use.

Most of the played VCTF maps have routes that don't allow for vehicles, so a DM/CTFer can be effective on a VCTF map without using Carzz. I personally don't like em, because they limit my mobility and ability to react (as strange as that sounds, you can't strafe or dodge in most vehicles...).

Princess_Die

Always Out Numbered... Never Out Gunned
Feb 22, 2006
UT4 wishlist

Vehicles that don't handle like shopping carts
Auto team balance at map change
Competitive mutator
Default 15 min matches
Fix no damage AVRiL hits

Greed 2.0

Skull hole causes damage to vehicles after 10 seconds.
Non-titan Greed starts with skulls randomly dropped at beginning of game

Titan Greed 2.0

Titans last 45 seconds
Behemoths last 30 seconds
Limit ground stomp like titan ammo: regenerates after n seconds
No autohome rockets that turn 90 degree corners

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If the next UT doesn't have Steam integration it will die as fast as UT3.

Apr 11, 2006
I'd rather see Unreal 3 and if they make a Unreal Tournament 4, then make it as an expansion pack to the singleplayer game. I'm not sure remaking lots of weapons we've seen before is worth a standalone title.

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
On the bonus disc should be a video recording of the 2009 internal postmortem at Epic, deconstructing point-by-point the abomination of game design that was the Titan mutator, followed by a recorded apology for the damage it did to online gameplay, and a promise never again to attempt to realize such a not-even-half-baked concept.

And I expect this because, as everyone knows, Epic are known for their humility.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Except Titan was fun and the patch and the Titan pack were one of the only reasons people played the game in early 2009.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
If UT4 were announced, pants would be creamed and everyone would continue bashing every ounce of dead horse out of Epic until and well after its release.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I didn't say every map was made for Titan. Whose fault is it for playing 24/7 Face servers that have Titan on for some stupid reason?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I haven't read all the posts in this thread but I will give my input since I do somewhat care about this series still.

-Weaponry was pretty spot on from the beginning except a small niggle about the flak ball and goo gun. It just felt too heavy and the trajectory felt off. It needs to be lobbed far and fast. There was a reason why I thought the flak cannon center looked like a piston. As for the goo gun, bring it back to its former glory. The delayed explosion is awesome in theory, but really never panned out.

-Make sure the mouse control is fixed. UT3's mouse control, regardless of sensitivity, just felt god awful.

-Make player models a bit more colorful instead of brown, gray, black, etc. And no I am not talking UTcomp style colors. The models were fine when it came to Team based gametypes, but during regular DM they were pretty hard to make out unless the map had some color to it.

-Make sure the weapon tracers match up with the crosshair when playing with weapon shown. This is a big foopaw with UT3 and can really mess up your shots. It did for me at least.

-Do not bring that stupid hover board back. It is tacky and was more flair than actual usefulness.

-As far as gametypes are concerned. DM, TDM, CTF, Warfare(like it was described as being a year before UT3 came out, not what we have currently), Invasion(as a mutator at least), and a new gametype that they seem fit to bring us. Keep all the modes from 2.0 out of UT4. They weren't really that fun.

-I am not much of a map critic, but I will say this. Keep the static meshes to a minimum. UT3 was a good start with this, but it can be improved.

-Don't make your menu a damn map. Having to wait for your menu to load is bad design.

As for multiplayer, I realize there will always be dud shots. That is the nature of the Unreal Engine netcode, so it really won't do any good to complain about it.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Weapon balance shouldn't be touched and yes, Hoverboard was the greatest new feature about vehicle-based games.
As for better coloured team skins, I definitely agree.