Fallout: New Vegas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Cleaned Quarry Junction. Stay on the mountains and the Deathclaws will go into dumbass mode and are clueless on what to do (same with Cazadors). On Very Hard mode they can kill you in one hit, or two if you're lucky.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Patch incoming.

We wanted to give you guys a heads-up regarding the latest progress on Fallout: New Vegas updates.

We’ve come up with solutions for the Xbox 360 save issue folks are reporting, along with a number of other issues being reported. We’re currently running final testing and certification on a comprehensive patch for all three platforms (PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3), so we’ll have something available in the coming weeks. When we have more details, we’ll let you know.

In the meantime, an incremental update for PC should be going up by early next week that will fix the save corruption issues and problems with companions, as well as improve performance for NVIDIA users and resolve some issues reported with Havok.

Stay tuned for more details.

I hope whatever "problems with companions" they're fixing also includes an issue I'm having with one of my companions. Currently he's stuck at following me at a close distance no matter what I do, which is freaking annoying because he's also not very good at sneaking.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I wonder will they fix that merchant thing with the semi-infinite caps or is it even a bug

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I think the AI of the companions are just dumb at times. The most annoying thing about them is that they are set automatically in Wait mode as you enter the Lucky 38.

Not much I've done but I'm already at level 20. Not playing through Hardcore mode (felt a chore rather than being difficult) and difficulty is Very Hard. My weapons are the YCS/186, Thermal Lance, Super Mauler, Incenerator and Grenade Machinegun. Mods used: Alien Disintegrator (I loved Zeta so I wanted this nice Energy Gun back), real lighting (Blue Paradise looks splendid now) and that framerate booster.
Really loving it so far. The Ghouls are pathetic though.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
If you want to torture yourself, create some new areas in the G.E.C.K., watch amazed as custom statics, npcs, and weapons disappear. In fallout 3 the G.E.C.K. had some problems, but none as bad as this.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
It's "Oblivion With Guns 2: Electric Boogaloo" but that doesn't make New Vegas bad. In fact, if you're like me and you heavily enjoyed Fallout 3 as well as the original two Fallout games by Interplay, you will absolutely love it. It seems to have the best of both worlds as far as Fallout 3 vs. the originals goes (except for the isometric top-down view, of course) and to me it is the definitive Fallout title up to this point.

I finished the plot for the first time last night. I handed control of New Vegas over to Mr. House, which, as I take it, is the 'middle-of-the-road' option in terms of morals and ethics.

I think I'm going to re-roll as an evil character who raids with the power gangers and sells Vegas to the Legion!

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
damn right.

my first playthrough was (as usual) a Good character. this route seems to maximize a lot of the experience and rewards you have access to. you can also recruit the most companions this way. and it makes it easy to learn about all the options available to you without restricting access to some key areas.

with this information in hand, my second playthrough is going to be pure evil.
I want to get in with the Legion and have everyone I meet fear the ground I walk on.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
damn right.

my first playthrough was (as usual) a Good character. this route seems to maximize a lot of the experience and rewards you have access to. you can also recruit the most companions this way. and it makes it easy to learn about all the options available to you without restricting access to some key areas.

with this information in hand, my second playthrough is going to be pure evil.
I want to get in with the Legion and have everyone I meet fear the ground I walk on.

True dat.

In the first playthrough I used Boone throughout most of the game. After I found the Gobi Campaign scout rifle and equipped him with it, he became one seriously lethal mother****er. He would regularly pick off high-level enemies before they even popped up on my compass, and on top of that I had 7 PER.

I used Rex as an item mule after replacing his brain, but I found that he was useless in combat due to his innate ability to die after two hits :rolleyes:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
yeah I'm hoping that someone in the Fallout Nexus community will release a mod that "fixes" Rex. because he's one of my favorite companions, simply due to the fact that he's a robo dog. but you're right, he's utterly and hopelessly useless in combat.

he could do with an attack and defense boost.
dying in 2-3 shots and dealing virtually no damage is pretty disappointing for such a cool looking dog. he's at least half metal. you'd think he could put up with more than he does.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
yeah I'm hoping that someone in the Fallout Nexus community will release a mod that "fixes" Rex. because he's one of my favorite companions, simply due to the fact that he's a robo dog. but you're right, he's utterly and hopelessly useless in combat.

he could do with an attack and defense boost.
dying in 2-3 shots and dealing virtually no damage is pretty disappointing for such a cool looking dog. he's at least half metal. you'd think he could put up with more than he does.

Yeah. Where's our Dog armor, dammit! :lol:

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Spok_in_metal-420x306.jpg

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I need someone to check something out for me, you'll need at least guns 50 and survival 60 and you need to be able to quickly reach westside(IN westside, not around it like the vance smg).
You can obtain a hand load ammo recipe from Jules after passing a survival check. I boosted my survival skill around 25 points and I have the note saying I got a new recipe but I can craft no 44. hand load ammo :(

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Wow, Cazadors have become the stupidest creatures of the Mojave Wasteland. I went right toward a group of them (in the mountains near the Southovest entrance to the Vegas ruins) with the Tri-Beam Laser Rifle (Energy Weapons: 75, VH difficulty).

I destroyed them without being hit. With this weapon you can easily hit their wings.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I finally had a chance to start playing this past week. I
nuked Caesar from orbit with Archimedes II
then tore through
Black Mountain's super mutants
with a Ballistic Fist. They should have put their skill points in Not Getting Punched In The Face.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
NV on PC is a blessing. Great weather mods, and custom dungeons that are better than that half-assed DLC they released a few days ago. Also having a Male Alpha Deathclaw and a Cazador as companions is amazing :D
Also forcing music from FO1 and FO2 in the game owns. I forgot how awesome was Mark Morgan (the composer).

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I put in 30 hours in two days right after the steam sale, but then my in-laws came for a visit. MAN am I jonesing to get back to the wasteland.

~Jason