StarCraft II

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Arguing from a Protoss perspective, isn't this pretty easy to hold off with a standard 1 gate core build? The typical opening units are Zealot, Stalker, Sentry, in that order.
I will agree 10 pool is a difficult timing to judge as protoss (not early enough to warrant 10-12 gate, not late enough to warrant fast expo or techbuilding every time, so your counter build depends on intensive scouting), but one single sentry will completely nullify this attack.

As soon as you spot the baneling nest, your next unit will be another sentry: infinite walled ramp, at least until P has enough units to hold it off.
Once that happens, the match just falls into the default ZvP pattern: Protoss confined in base until Templar/Colossus+2weapons, then it's up to Zerg to defend their expos.

How does it fare against agressive Protoss openings like 2gate harass? On what maps is this effective/less effective? Can you defend against something like 1gate stargate voids?

I'm posting out of curiosity btw, not bashing. It's nice to see Zerg do something besides 7RR or 14h/15p for once.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah that does work. Zerglings counter stalkers easily and 2 banes will kill a few zealots in close proximity.

If you can handle them. The banes won't go there by themselves and from many pro replays I've seen most of the people are having a rather hard time micro-ing banes in most situations. Just telling me how hard it can be to get them attack the right units.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Starcraft 2 is terrible!
I can't get out the bronze league!
It is driving me mad! I am quiting it!
It's a waste of your lifetime playing it!
Life is too short to be wasted on Starcraft 2!

Hi Poly, just hit me up ingame and I'll give you some more training. I'll get you out of bronze in a heartbeat :)

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Here's the 7 matches, if anybody wants to watch them. Great matches. Only one went over 20 minutes. (game 3 I think)

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iNw1eYw7mM[/M]

The rest of the matches are on this users You Tube account.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
You've gotta love those all-out attacks. Really fun to watch, horrible to play against.

Something like match 1 is just hell when you face it on ladder. Someone doing a worker rush and STILL having higher income than you.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Played in a SA tournament this night. I got knocked into loser's bracket immediately by some terran scum who went MMM (make more marine). I just haven't had enough practice against terran players :(

In loser's bracket I got pretty far. Lost to a zerg that I've practiced a lot with. First game was pretty intense and I won. Second game he went some kind of zerglings all in, taking out my expansion. Last game I tried 7 pooling, but I screwed it up pretty bad and lost. Could've won if I had attacked his workers instead of trying to take down his spawning pool. Meh. Pretty awesome stuff anyhow.

First game if anybody want to check it out :)

http://replayfu.com/r/nH53Jj

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Banelings, banelings, banelings, wooooah!

<3

Today I played a match where the other team did a rine/zeal rush super early in the game. They over ran my team mate who moved to the rich mins while I through up my banelings nest and when they came for my blood I took down their entire force with a nice 20 banes. Then I pushed the front of their base and took down their protoss players nexus while I started producing mutas at my base. The terran player started rolling out siege to stop my ground stuff so I gave him a taste of mutas harassment at it's best.

We won the game and I had the biggest smirk on my face. Rine rush isn't cool and if you do it you are a terrible person.

e-

[SCREENSHOT]http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Images/umad.png[/SCREENSHOT]

First time I've ever reached 200 pop in a league match. None of my expacs got attacked the entire game because we had pressure on them so hard. Fun stuff.

Last edited: