[lolololitics]America not greatest country ever?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
I also talked my friend, the manager of a local printing company, that I do contract programming for. They've been paying around $20k/month to provide their workers w/ health insurance. To meet the req's of obamacare they'll have to pay around $30k/month. They're planning to just drop all of their insurance and just take the penalty. That will be, from what they can tell, around $25k/month. Awesome stuff. Now they pay even more and they're not even getting insurance out of it.

Last I saw, the fine was far less than providing coverage.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
The most important part of travel, is when you come home. Because, thats when you see your country with new eyes. I was amazed to realize that were - were the only country that -that tells the rest of the world, on a nearly constant basis, that were the greatest country on Earth. And that is a little ****ing obnoxious! And they know its obnoxious. Because, if you were in an office, and there was someone there, who came in every day and said; "Im the greatest ****er here! And you snivelling ****s would die without me! AHAHAHAHA!" I can guarantee that by the end of the week, youd have killed him! And eaten him, just to try to possess
his power!

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Last I saw, the fine was far less than providing coverage.
exactly. let me clarify... They have been paying around $20k/month. When the mandate kicks in, they're estimating the cost to provide insurance that meets the req's to be around $30k, but the penalty for not providing it around $25k

So, instead of paying an additional $10k (from right now) to get it up to the requirements of obamacare, they plan to drop them and pay a penalty of $25k. Soo... they're going from paying $20/m and providing insurance (right now) to dropping it totally and pay $25k in fines.

Last edited:
nah, they'll take the senate and presidency in 2012

I hope they do.

It'll be interesting to see how much more the poor can take before things start getting bloody on a biblical level.

Thanks to there being no jobs left in so many regions other than enlisting, this generation's poor are learning urban warfare and combat at a pace never before seen in American history, with the possible exception of the pre-civil war generation.

Things should start getting interesting fairly soon.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
The economy started with Bush. We won't know the exact outcome of Obama for a while. Just like the economy after y2k was not Bush's fault, it was handed to him.

You can't really blame economy things on a president in his first two years. Anything he tries to do won't take effect of a couple years. Even Obamas health care stuff, we won't know it real impact for a few years. On paper it actually helps my company (though I still don't want it).

I only read half of the first paragraph, but i will say this. I wanted to see the US wages drop. We turned in to a nation that produced nothing real partially due to extreme wages pushed by unions. All manufacturing left the US. If wages drop, we can see these jobs come back here. I would rather see my tools made in the US than in China. Euros, careful how many manufacturing jobs you export. Manufacturing built America, look what happens when it leaves.

First of all, thank you for not agreeing with everything Larkin states.

About the wages drop that you mentioned:
I know from experience that you can't compare American unions with German unions, however, I don't think the unions can be blamed in every case.
How much would you let the wages drop before you think we could compete with $2/hour wages in China? Should we even try? Or wasn't it the companies themselves who shipped out all the jobs to maximize profit? Doesn't the consumer behavior also has to change - to choose rather quality American products than Chinese crap that falls apart after a week? Is there even pride and trust in American products?
All stuff to think about.

Last edited:

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
First of all, thank you for not agreeing with everything Larkin states.

About the wages drop that you mentioned:
I know from experience that you can't compare American unions with German unions, however, I don't think the unions can be blamed in every case.
How much would you let the wages drop before you think we could compete with $2/hour wages in China? Should we even try? Or wasn't it the companies themselves who shipped out all the jobs to maximize profit? Doesn't the consumer behavior also has to change - to choose rather quality American products than Chinese crap that falls apart after a week? Is there even pride and trust in American products?
All stuff to think about.

You can't even compare one American union to another.

I'm not going to get to into unions because some are absolutely terrible while others are fine. All i will say is that some unions priced themselves out of a job. If you make something that can be made some where else, don't get pushy. I only competitor in one sector is from the east coast of Canada, I have to be careful not to get priced out or I lose all my customers.

Americans want quality, but cheap can make up for it often times. Even more so in an economy like this.

...About not always agreeing with Larkin, that is why broad titles like Dem, Rep, Liberal and Conservative are ****ed up.

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
I hope they do.

It'll be interesting to see how much more the poor can take before things start getting bloody on a biblical level.

Thanks to there being no jobs left in so many regions other than enlisting, this generation's poor are learning urban warfare and combat at a pace never before seen in American history, with the possible exception of the pre-civil war generation.

Things should start getting interesting fairly soon.
oh, man, I'd better start voting dem ;)

so how would you go about creating jobs? aren't you in cal and if so did you vote for brown?

grapist

Aug 26, 2010
The problem with America is that we let people be idiots. Back in the good old days THAT I WASN'T EVEN ALIVE DURING, if you did something ****tarded, you die. Nowadays idiocy is the norm.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Europe under Hitler was the greatest thing ever

I'm not comparing Clinton to Hitler

Yes, you are.

KeepFearAlive.JPG

Unions are destroying the country.

Unions represent less than 15% of the work force. They couldn't destroy the country if they tried.

Last edited:

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Unions represent less than 15% of the work force. They couldn't destroy the country if they tried.
They sure as hell can ruin our car companies and California. Cal is $500 billion in the hole for government union pensions. How's Jerry Brown going to fix that? After all, he's the one that let gov employees unionize. I'm sure he has a fully thought out plan to fix things like he did in the 70's.

I wonder why the rest of the country doesn't want the same government ran healthcare as california would have.

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Non union engineers, designer and execs ruined the car companies.
right... and union members getting $70/hr on average, had nothing to do with that. fine, ok (lol), but what about...

....and California. Cal is $500 billion in the hole for government union pensions. How's Jerry Brown going to fix that? After all, he's the one that let gov employees unionize. I'm sure he has a fully thought out plan to fix things like he did in the 70's.

I wonder why the rest of the country doesn't want the same government ran healthcare as california would have.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site

Apparently you missed the meme. :(

Anyway, to me, unions are checks and balances to the top execs and boards of directors, who are also checked and balanced by stockholders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.