[US Elections] November 2nd

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JHQOO0p8tg&feature=player_embedded[/m]

He gets my vote (if my district is in Arizona)! Even though I find the air cymbal kind of amusing in the outside shots.

I would be disappointed if there is malicious intent with this if this is true. Nobody should ever tamper with voting results, no matter the affiliation. I would be equally disappointed if there would be a conspiracy of these claims against the SEIU members. But at this current time, all parties are innocent until proven guilty ("there's absolutely no independently verified evidence of chicanery with the voting machines (yet)").

Even then, it should be up to the voter to make sure they use the electronic voting machines carefully. It is really easy to accidentally press items on touch screens compared to paper/mechanical methods. But even if there is a change of the "default vote" for a certain candidate (malicious or not), the voter should be intelligent to notice it, and correct it to their wish. Electronic voting machines also have confirmation screens as well, so there should be no room for the voter to complain about not having the correct choices being tallied (although this doesn't justify the original malicious action). But, if the actual tallies post-voting are being doctored, is another story.

Last edited:

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
I would be disappointed if there is malicious intent with this if this is true. Nobody should ever tamper with voting results, no matter the affiliation. I would be equally disappointed if there would be a conspiracy of these claims against the SEIU members. But at this current time, all parties are innocent until proven guilty ("there's absolutely no independently verified evidence of chicanery with the voting machines (yet)").

Even then, it should be up to the voter to make sure they use the electronic voting machines carefully. It is really easy to accidentally press items on touch screens compared to paper/mechanical methods. But even if there is a change of the "default vote" for a certain candidate (malicious or not), the voter should be intelligent to notice it, and correct it to their wish. Electronic voting machines also have confirmation screens as well, so there should be no room for the voter to complain about not having the correct choices being tallied (although this doesn't justify the original malicious action). But, if the actual tallies post-voting are being doctored, is another story.

Translation: Yea, it's wrong, but if Reid wins because of it then it's the fault of the dumbasses that couldn't figure out how to change the default vote (stupid republican voters!) ;)

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BrLEuzVCVQ[/M]

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The fact of the matter is that voting machines SHOULD NOT have a "default vote" option in them at all.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Well it should probably "Abstain" or something similar. :p

Yeah basically. I was also thinking about some default item that if set doesn't allow you to submit the vote.

Oddly, I live in a fairly tech-savvy area and at the last elections we basically had to fill in a scantron sheet. I swear these electronic voting machines are a myth.

428-hero_guys.jpg

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well one more day left. Are we going to get ****ed in the ass by the Democrats, or are we going to get **** on by the Republicans?