Installing CBP's on Steam UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ravenus

The Heretic
Oct 7, 2000
India
Visit site
I got UT3 on Steam and I wanted to install the community bonus packs. I downloaded the installer version of CBP1, pointed it to my steam UT3 directory (..\Steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3) and the installation finished without any error msgs. I can see the readme and uninstaller for the CBP in the game directory. However the new maps do not show up in the in-game map list for each gametype nor can I see them in the "Maps" folder (..\Steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Maps). This happens regardless of whether I install "just for me" or "for anyone that uses this computer".

Am I doing something wrong here? How can I get to play them? Thanks for advice.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Don't you install them to My Games/Unreal Tournament 3, not the game directory? This might be different on steam but on my retail copy you put maps in the My Games folder.

ravenus

The Heretic
Oct 7, 2000
India
Visit site
In the case of installing for all users, the default folder offered is c:/Program files/UT3. I have only some 3-4 GB each left on drives containing the OS and My Documents, because I made big dedicated partitions reserved for games and multimedia. It would be very frustrating if I had to clear up stuff on these drives to accommodate more UT3 maps/mods. Is it possible for me to make a custom My Games folder in my games directory and install there?

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
No unfortunately I do not think it is possible. UT3 uses the MyDocuments/MyGames thing and it's hardcoded into it. If you want to install UT3 mods you should move your whole MyDocuments folder to another partition/hard disk if your current storage space is almost full.

There is probably the alternative of using the -nohomedir command when launching UT3, which means it should not use the MyDocuments/MyGames folder structure and read only from it's install location, but then I do not know if that is 100% compatible or stable (I read about some issues when using that trick.)

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Guys.... EVERYTHING WORKS as long as you remember to FULLY keep the dir structure. Most custom stuff should come into PUBLISHED folder under UT3's UTGame folder. If anything goes to MyDocs\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\, it most often goes to a "Published" folder under UTGame.

To sort this out: Install everything as if you had a non-steam copy of UT3, meaning: MyDocs\MyGames\UT3 as the readme states and then copy the contents of that folder to SteamApps\UT3. Will work. MUST work.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
The topic author had the problem of disk space, not just the place to install things. I used to have similar problems when I had a setup with a few different partitions (Windows apparently hates that), so now I always keep Windows on a single partition.