Fallout: New Vegas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
And I have to wait for October 22 instead. I can't wait because it will be probably freaking amazing.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
According to everything I've read, Fallout: New Vegas is much bigger than Fallout 3.

Other major tweaks:

New "Reputation" system.
Better companion AI and interface.
Iron sights rather than a simply zoom.
"Hardcore" mode. (Must sleep, and eat. Slower heal times, Ammo has weight, etc...)
New and tweaked SPECIAL skills and PERKS.

There will also be DLC for New Vegas.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
According to everything I've read, Fallout: New Vegas is much bigger than Fallout 3.

Other major tweaks:

New "Reputation" system.
Better companion AI and interface.
Iron sights rather than a simply zoom.
"Hardcore" mode. (Must sleep, and eat. Slower heal times, Ammo has weight, etc...)
New and tweaked SPECIAL skills and PERKS.

There will also be DLC for New Vegas.

Should have to poop & piss too.

and DLC means we should wait for a GoTY edition ;)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I played it a bit last night. Graphically, it's true. The visuals are pretty much the same as Fallout 3. It seems pretty neat though. I really liked Fallout 3, so I'm happy to play that game again in a new area.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I must have vip status with my importers by now :)
So I got it a bit early and have sunk all my spare time from the last two days into it. This is what fo3 was supposed to be. Major improvement in about everything. The dialogue will have you crack up frequently. **** and **** is used properly and so is violence. the whole game mechanics have been rebalanced to feel more like fo1+2, which means the game is much tougher and deathclaws finally deserve the death in their name. the faction system will come in handy for various playthroughs and every quest can be solved, depending on your skills and allegations (and maybe will to go that extra mile for the proper solution and not just some hack job) in a variety of ways, no fetch quest fatigue syndrome and your actions actually change the worldscape(havn't done much into that direction yet). Also there's a new craftign system allowing you to make your own ammo, cook meals or poisons(!), craft items.
The pacing just feels outright well done and I'll spend all my upcoming sparetime.

I could go on and on but I got to get me some golden gecko pelts :D

I played it a bit last night. Graphically, it's true. The visuals are pretty much the same as Fallout 3. It seems pretty neat though. I really liked Fallout 3, so I'm happy to play that game again in a new area.

the biggest change graphically is in the animations which makes the game more immersive.

Last edited:

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Patiently waiting for it to unlock on Steam.

Has anyone tried playing it in hardcore mode? I might try it out from the get-go as it sounds like it'll fit perfectly with how I typically play these kinds of games.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
So I take it it's gotten positive reviews right off from players? I've never played any Fallout, but I've seen multiple exclusive videos, game play, and a lot of other things that have made me really interested in trying it. If it's worth buying, I may wait to see if I can get it discounted beforehand :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Did you like FO3? If so, you'll probably love New Vegas. If not, you'll probably hate it.

I didn't do the hardcore mode because it looked like it would make the game too much less casual for my blood. I like strolling around shooting mutants in the face to old-timey music.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
I am waiting for GOTY so I'll get all in one package, I've really enjoyed Fallout 3 and it's DLC's so far.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
I am waiting for GOTY so I'll get all in one package, I've really enjoyed Fallout 3 and it's DLC's so far.

I'm considdering doing that aswell, on one hand i'd love to grab the game now, but on the other, the GOTY would save me lots of money buying the DLC sepperately, and there would be a whole bunch of good mods out by then too, so it seems very sensible.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
If it is anything like Fallout 3, it will probably be till this time next year before the DLC's are made available for PC. Then again Microsoft could be a pair of douches this time around and restrict content to anything but the 360.

Last edited: