[US Elections] November 2nd

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
If you're a Canadian citizen, you should still be able to vote in Canada, no? I still vote in U.S. elections via absentee ballot even though I've been in Canada for over 2 years now.

OMG! Canadiens voting in our elections? Pretty soon we'll have maple syrup initiatives and Bear wrestling regulations! DAMMIT!!!!!

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
If you're a Canadian citizen, you should still be able to vote in Canada, no? I still vote in U.S. elections via absentee ballot even though I've been in Canada for over 2 years now.

Which is just another problem with our system.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Why? He's an American citizen.

Which doesn't live here. I know its shocking and all but there should be some limits on the privilege(yes, its not a right) to vote. When the country was founded there was restrictions, but many of those restrictions were put there to make sure the people that voted were responsible, has life experience, and fully affected by their vote. There is little hope of any sort of common sense getting back in our system at this point, but I feel it is needed to stop the destruction of the country. Be it just debt, or be it in the constitution itself, there is little hope if we don't change the voting system itself which is without a doubt a cause of the problem.

Anyway, the idea you can live two years out of the country and still be allowed to vote is outrageous. He isn't affected by almost any of it and he can just vote away like he is living here now. Think about it.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Which doesn't live here. I know its shocking and all but there should be some limits on the privilege(yes, its not a right) to vote.

Not so according to various amendments to the Constitution. Also I love how

When the country was founded there was restrictions, but many of those restrictions were put there to make sure the people that voted were responsible, has life experience, and fully affected by their vote.

So what you are saying is that only rich white adult males should be able to vote? Women couldn't vote. Blacks couldn't vote. Native Americans couldn't vote. The poor could certainly not vote, as they didn't have property qualifications. It's like you are saying only rich white adult males were the ones who were responsible, had life experience, and be fully affected by their vote.

There is little hope of any sort of common sense getting back in our system at this point, but I feel it is needed to stop the destruction of the country. Be it just debt, or be it in the constitution itself, there is little hope if we don't change the voting system itself which is without a doubt a cause of the problem.

Yep, restrictions to the voting system will surely solve the problem. It's the ultra-selective voting system that we had before that caused the problem. How can a system that is ultra-selective be beneficial to a country? Having only one group of people be designated as, like you have said, "responsible", "have life experiences" (whatever that means...), and be "fully affected" by the vote, is extremely dangerous. Who is to say that the people being barred to vote aren't affected by the vote? The blacks surely were affected by the whites dominion over them in the antebellum United States.

Anyway, the idea you can live two years out of the country and still be allowed to vote is outrageous. He isn't affected by almost any of it and he can just vote away like he is living here now. Think about it.

As far as you are a citizen of a certain country and you are registered to vote, as far as I am concerned, you should be able to vote.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Not so according to various amendments to the Constitution. Also I love how

No **** sherlock.

So what you are saying is that only rich white adult males should be able to vote? Women couldn't vote. Blacks couldn't vote. Native Americans couldn't vote. The poor could certainly not vote, as they didn't have property qualifications. It's like you are saying only rich white adult males were the ones who were responsible, had life experience, and be fully affected by their vote.

Did I say rich white adult males? No, I said responsible, fully affected, and life experience. Owning property is a great measuring tool. There needs to me more, but its a great starting point.

Yep, restrictions to the voting system will surely solve the problem. It's the ultra-selective voting system that we had before that caused the problem. How can a system that is ultra-selective be beneficial to a country? Having only one group of people be designated as, like you have said, "responsible", "have life experiences" (whatever that means...), and be "fully affected" by the vote, is extremely dangerous. Who is to say that the people being barred to vote aren't affected by the vote? The blacks surely were affected by the whites dominion over them in the antebellum United States.

No, its not. It ensures that people aren't voting just for self benefit or just for some cause. And like has been said a million times the founders WANTED the blacks to vote. It just wasn't possible to do so and get many states to join.

As far as you are a citizen of a certain country and you are registered to vote, as far as I am concerned, you should be able to vote.

Not to me. There needs to be a way to make sure who votes knows what they doing and does so for right reasons.

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Larkin, don't be a dummy. US policy has a global effect on the world. Not only that, what if you have intentions of returning to a country that isn't totally ****ed? It would be moronic to not allow people to vote

Why not just allow all to vote? I mean hey US policy has a global effect. You realize how stupid that sounds?

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
No **** sherlock.

Did I say rich white adult males? No, I said responsible, fully affected, and life experience. Owning property is a great measuring tool. There needs to me more, but its a great starting point.

No, its not. It ensures that people aren't voting just for self benefit or just for some cause. And like has been said a million times the founders WANTED the blacks to vote. It just wasn't possible to do so and get many states to join.

Not to me. There needs to be a way to make sure who votes knows what they doing does so for right reasons.

So, what you’re saying is that military members and diplomats serving overseas should be denied the right to vote. You’re saying that civilian US Citizens doing America’s business and serving America’s needs overseas should be denied the right to vote. You’re saying that US Citizens serving overseas who have family back at home who will be affected by various elections should be denied the right to vote. You’re saying that US Citizens who will more than likely return to their home country and have to live by laws and regulation passed in their absence should be denied the right to vote. Wow.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site

I vote democrat, too. How do you like them apples? :2thumb:

I am a student. There is no implication to my status in Canada that I will be staying here after I finish school. The assumption in every respect is that I will finish my degree and move home again, at which point all the decisions made by our government while I was away will start to affect me again. It makes sense that I should have a voice in those decisions.

So that's a special case. But even in general, your stance doesn't make sense for the reasons that Liz and Zxanphorian have elaborated. It's silly from a philosophical point of view, and it's even more silly from a practical point of view. With only half our population actually turning out to vote and participate in the political progress, and the other half at home watching Jerry Springer, my guess is that the small percentage of people who vote from overseas are not the ones causing "the destruction of the country". :rolleyes:

Why not just allow all to vote? I mean hey US policy has a global effect. You realize how stupid that sounds?

Yeah that sounds retarded. American citizens is where the line should be drawn. Did I not make that clear?

dsc_0975_1___14849.jpg

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
So, what you’re saying is that military members and diplomats serving overseas should be denied the right to vote. You’re saying that civilian US Citizens doing America’s business and serving America’s needs overseas should be denied the right to vote. You’re saying that US Citizens serving overseas who have family back at home who will be affected by various elections should be denied the right to vote. You’re saying that US Citizens who will more than likely return to their home country and have to live by laws and regulation passed in their absence should be denied the right to vote. Wow.

Other than the serving overseas part, yes, that is what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Yeah that sounds retarded. American citizens is where the line should be drawn. Did I not make that clear?

You lack of understanding of fully affected seems to be lacking, so yes, you made it clear how dumb you are. Also, if you honestly think all people regardless should be allowed to vote, please stop calling yourself a conservative. Thank You.

Last edited:

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Larkin, I will tea party in your mouth.

I will also pee tarty in your mouth - yeah, it's pretty sour.