UE3 - UT3 Force Team Spawns in TDM?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I have a map that has red and blue bases and I want players to spawn at there own bases in TDM. I used red and blue spawn points but they still spawn at random bases. Is there a way to fix this? I tried kismet but I couldn't find a way to do it that way.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
This will need UnrealScript, but shouldn't you really be creating a CTF or e.g. Jailbreak map if you want to have bases?

Anyway, try compiling the following code and placing it in the map:
Code:
class ForceTeamSpawnArea extends Info placeable;

function PreBeginPlay()
{
  if (UTTeamGame(WorldInfo.Game) != None)
    UTTeamGame(WorldInfo.Game).bSpawnInTeamArea = True;
}

Narayana

Jun 16, 2009
A way to implement this in kismet is to check the team upon spawn and instantly teleport the pawn to the desired playerstart(s) or pathnode(s). You can still still disable this for DM by checking the game when the level begins and disabling playerspawned events.

Pookycs09

Jun 14, 2009
This will need UnrealScript, but shouldn't you really be creating a CTF or e.g. Jailbreak map if you want to have bases?

Anyway, try compiling the following code and placing it in the map:
Code:
class ForceTeamSpawnArea extends Info placeable;

function PreBeginPlay()
{
  if (UTTeamGame(WorldInfo.Game) != None)
    UTTeamGame(WorldInfo.Game).bSpawnInTeamArea = True;
}

How would you compile and place it in a map? Do you have a link to a tutorial? I googled it and but all I get are tutorials on mutators.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
This map is also a VCTF map but I want to have a TDM version. Also, there only seems to be a "Same Team" condition which checks to see if 2 players are on the same team. I don't see a condition to check if a player is on a specific team.

I'd like to try and avoid using a uscript for these maps if possible.

Pookycs09

Jun 14, 2009
Without using uscript this is the best I could think of:
34636456.jpg

This is just an example made for one player. The player spawned event needs to have a max trigger count set to 0.

The problem with doing it this way is that you need to place the fake spawns points up above the ground or continually disable them when someone walks over them or else other players could get telefragged. Also their needs to be some sort of fail safe just in case a player doesn't teleport.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I didn't know there was a "Get Team Number" node. Thanks man. I'll set it up so it will teleport the player to a random spawn point at the base if the spawn in the wrong place.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I tried the kismet thing and it had some problems so I went ahead and compiled wormbos script. It works perfectly now. Thanks man.

:)

Narayana

Jun 16, 2009
Unless you are referring to end-user/server-admin setup, I disagree. A reliable Kismet setup (using stock kismet sequences only) seems to require a bit more effort to produce for this function. Example of a Kismet setup (working with stock kismet sequences) with 8 TDM spawns / 8 DM spawns:

http://www.filefront.com/17264253/DM-dividespawns.ut3

Versus a few lines of code this fancy kismet setup is not worth the effort. Trigger volumes are used instead of player spawned in order to have the failsafe. (looping toggled volumes at the real spawns)

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Heh, I guess. Setting up my kismet tree only took like 15 minutes but the first spawn in the match was wrong usually and you could tell it was teleporting players so I just compiled the script and added it.

The only effort in this is remembering to include the script with the final version of the maps.