Epic Games Announce New Game For Apple Handhelds

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Today at Apple's event in San Francisco Epic Games announced a new game, Project Sword, in the making for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch and iPad. Here's a brief gameplay video from the event (Thanks to DarkCrow for a better version):

Game is supposed to hit the iPhone this holiday season, but if you have any of the Apple devices listed above, you can go to iTunes store and download a free tech demo and see for yourself what UE3 can do on a handheld.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
What's wrong with the music? It's okay. Cool game but I'll never buy Apple stuff so.

Although this tempts me.

Last edited:

DarkCrow

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Jun 13, 2004
Brasil
Here is a better video w/out the stupid music.

Video quality will increase after youtube finishes the video processing.
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5U3JeyVmRA[/m]

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
You know, despite it being on a device that seems kind of bad for games in general, this looks pretty interesting. I'd be willing to give it a try if it revolved a lot around exploration.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
You know, despite it being on a device that seems kind of bad for games in general, this looks pretty interesting. I'd be willing to give it a try if it revolved a lot around exploration.

As an FYI-

Shane Caudle made the level. Note the monk in some of the screenshots. ;)

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Nice. :) I have been a fan of his work.
Do you happen to know if this thing will be playable on a 3rd generation iTouch rather than phone/pad? I am curious.

3rd Generation touch will play it fine. :)

If you have a friend that has an iPhone 4 though, be sure to check it out on there.

Yeah, I've been a Shane fan since forever. I was more starstruck meeting him than Cliff. :p

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I couldn't stand the interior of Nali Castle though. Worst map of Unreal 1 if you ask me. Vandora and Aztec (especially the one from the beta) were top-tier.

Last edited: