Redeem your Space

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Dec 12, 2009
Well that's weird, now it works fine. I had tried 45hightown_1, and it said it was missing a music file. When I had tried 45hightown, Unreal closed out. So I figured there was a different problem. But I went and fixed the music file, and now both work fine. I'm wondering why 45hightown closed Unreal, but 45hightown_1 did not.

Dude

Dec 12, 2009
Little help

Oh and, I am stuck on Pharao Catacombs. I know there's a secret exit; I know where it is, but I can't figure out how to open it. Any hints? I've looked all over for a lever, or switch, or loose book, but I've found nothing. I'm getting frustrated.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There is a brick on the wall you have to push, it is near stairs.

Dude

Dec 12, 2009
Man, I was spending some serious time running up and down the walls. And I just found out that I missed the first couple secret levels (dang, because I wanted to play Toys really bad). Ah well, I guess I'll have to be more careful next time.

Dude

Dec 12, 2009
Oh, and on Soulstone Remnants of a Giant City or whatever, how do you get the door on the windowless building to open?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I don't remember that one clearly, but somewhere in those buildings, think you must climb lots of stuff and stairs.

Dude

Dec 12, 2009
Yeah, I've done a double searchthrough of every building, but my flashlight may not illuminate everything. And all the titans are dead (thank goodness). I searched everywhere for a lever or switch, even used ghost, but I couldn't find anything.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Is the English version being worked upon?

If you mean being restarted, not yet, but it is in preparation and I should start working on it within few months if everything goes well.
Sorry for the delay...

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Excuse me, which archive in particular am I supposed to download so that it contains all fixes, coop fixes etc? Just curious as I wanted to try out this pack but lost the files...

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
You should download all the packs that are here:
http://paci.profitux.cz/Redeem-your-Space/download.html

The additional files, or later coop fixes you can find in my esnips folder, or alternatively in oldstuff/
What is rys related is coophightown, 45hightowncfix(the more recent and better coop version), oldmaps(some old versions of maps to see how they looked like), z48epilogue(unfinished map), bloodsacrificealpha(unfinished too), ryspulseupdat, infcoopmaps(modified for ut infiltration coop hosted by stinkmarder), old_utryspak (old version of ryspak for UT, which has some missing classes which some maps require but this old version featured decal support and weapon support for network, so the weapons will work online at UT, I was too tired to redo it or finish it later on when I updated normal ryspak.)

Last edited:

seeker3

Mar 8, 2010
Abbotsford BC
Just curious as to how the English translation is coming,or have you started it yet? I like the pack but it is frustrating when you can't read the messages:D

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Just curious as to how the English translation is coming,or have you started it yet? I like the pack but it is frustrating when you can't read the messages:D

It's put on hold, sorry. There are other projects which have my priority now, as Unreal PSX.
The amount of work on this rys translation is tremendous and I lost the work in a HD crash before...so I started over again, but it is a lot to translate, it is not that easy, and I got tired of it. Really, some maps have over 20 translator messages and some of them are not easy to translate without losing original meaning.
A professional translator should work on this, not me....but nobody else is interested so or doesn't have the skills....it is a burden really and it is rather disrespetful when people shout where is the translation etc..

seeker3

Mar 8, 2010
Abbotsford BC
No problem Leo,I was just curious and personally I'd much rather have you concentrate on Unreal PSX and I wish I could help with the translation but I (as I'm sure you've gathered)don't speak the language or know anybody else that does,and yes it is big map pack to translate.Thanks:) No disrespect intended.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
No problem Leo,I was just curious and personally I'd much rather have you concentrate on Unreal PSX and I wish I could help with the translation but I (as I'm sure you've gathered)don't speak the language or know anybody else that does,and yes it is big map pack to translate.Thanks:) No disrespect intended.
Thanks
No I didn't take offense by your post, it is just some people indeed did push it a little at me and didn't understand the issue at all.
Which was disrespectful from their side.

Dude

Dec 12, 2009
I tried redownloading the RySpack from the main website, and there are a bunch of files that don't work. Is it the files, or me?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Be sure you use the right one, there is one for UT. the ryspakutfix one. Anyway sometimes happens that the files get corrupted on the website, perhaps it wouldn't be bad idea if someone else hosted the files as the mappack is final basically. But I downloaded the ryspak package and found nothing wrong with it, unless other archives got corrupted, but please if that's the case report it to me which archive has the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.