Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I don't know BBA. If you're make it BW, you might aswell go all the way like Mike did. I think your version just looks like a generic "I suck at photography, so here's a photo of me in BW" photo. And you see those EVERYWHERE on sites like Facebook, and it's stupid as hell. Mike's BW process is a lot more than that, and that's what I like about it :)

Ok, this morning I was a bit sleepy and took a nap and tried again. You were right about it needing to be blown out more. I tried to make it look like Ilford Delta 3200 ISO film this time.

attachment.php

Attachments

• julian.jpg
    julian.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 146

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Here's my version.
I pushed up the contrast and really enhanced the blue tones.
It turned out really great I think. The exposure is perfect. And the subtle effects really add to it.
Julian_extracool.jpg

It only took like 3 hours as well.

AWESOME!!!

That made me laugh out loud. My fiance was like "what? Whats so funny?"

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Parts 1 and 3 are up! I typed out a bunch of interesting things about the shoot but then accidentally clicking on my bookmark tool bar. Firefox forgot everything I had typed so I'm now just going to show you the photos. Feel free to ask questions though. I'm just too tired right now to type it all up again.

1. Auto wrecking yard + awesome dress = everyone who works there suddenly found all the parts they need in the back of the yard.
_MG_9813.jpg

2. It was 100f out there! I was nearly passing out. I'm so glad they gave us a truck to use. I would have never made it back there without it. 3 point lighting system. One to the left one to the right with a softbox and the sun from above.
_MG_9821.jpg

3. Sun set in a very excellent looking piece of federally protected land. We got permission to use a small piece of it as long as we didn't disturb any wildlife. Turns out we didn't have to go far from the parking lot before we found the perfect spot.
_MG_9986.jpg

4. 2 point lighting system. Softbox in front and the sun in the back. My 2nd favorite shot of the day.
_MG_9992.jpg

5. Moments after this shot we lost the sun completely. I was using my Tokina 11-16mm lens for most of the day. Love this lens!
_MG_0040.jpg

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Wow she's really good looking Mike. I really like the lighting. How much did you pay for the different lighting setups you're using?

3 and 4 are really really awesome shots dude. You could easily sell those prints.

My issue with 1 is your reflection. It was the second thing I noticed in it. I really like it alot too, but that reflection of you is really off putting. Other than that, the set is great and she poses really well.

The lighting in 3 and 4 along with her pose and hand jestures are brilliant sir.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I really like shot number 3.
What's her take on taking pictures next to junk cars in the background? Did you suggest the idea or she did?

Either way it's interesting for a change, I prefer shot 1 over the second.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Wow she's really good looking Mike. I really like the lighting. How much did you pay for the different lighting setups you're using?

Using Alien Bees lights. Best lighting system out there for the price!
http://www.alienbees.com/

#1 money maker and best way to start up is to purchase:
B800 Flash Unit
Foldable Medium Octabox
Wireless trigger and receiver
Light Stand

Honestly, for most shoots that is all you need. Just something to give you a lot of soft fill light when you need it most. There is a lot that you can do with just one light. I have found that everything else can easily be done by regular portable strobes.

I'm using the new Einsteins + the Vagabond. Its a life saver if your ever at a location and don't have a power outlet.

3 and 4 are really really awesome shots dude. You could easily sell those prints.

My issue with 1 is your reflection. It was the second thing I noticed in it. I really like it alot too, but that reflection of you is really off putting. Other than that, the set is great and she poses really well.

The lighting in 3 and 4 along with her pose and hand jestures are brilliant sir.

Haha! I knew my reflection was there but I just left it in hoping nobody else would notice it quite so much. I may have to remove it at a later time if I end up using it for anything.

Posing is mostly all her. I only direct slightly to make sure everything looks natural. Eyes in the shot, hair away from face, good facial expressions, natural looking body positions. A good model knows what to do when its game time.

I really like shot number 3.
What's her take on taking pictures next to junk cars in the background? Did you suggest the idea or she did?

Either way it's interesting for a change, I prefer shot 1 over the second.

We originally set out to do a high fashion shoot but in the planning stages I was informed by a local high fashion photographer that what i was planning was not true high fashion shoot because the clothes we had selected where not actually high fashion. (meaning they look good but nobody is crazy enough to wear them in public) So we settled with a hybrid shoot. High fashion themes with regular fashion dresses. High fashion shoots usually takes place in lavish, clean, beautiful locations or in dirty, grungy, rustic places.

She was digging the shoot from the beginning because I got her involved every step of the way. I just love activating the creativity inside of peoples minds. Love LOVE it when that spark of light goes off.