~!!@ Unreal Tournament YouTube Community Channel @!!~

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

illuminion

Jun 15, 2010
Hello,

During a conversation I had with SlightlySt00pid I proposed an idea to him about recruiting prominent and talented members of the Unreal Tournament 3 community to create a youtube channel. This youtube channel would be managed by a small group of people in the UT3 community and would be updated frequently. The channel would be similar to that of Gearsopedia and will contain: montages, competitive matches, top 5/10 plays of the week, commentary, etc. There could be content pertaining to older Unreal Tournament games, however, it is preferred that the focus of the channel be squarely on the most recent iteration of the series, "Unreal Tournament 3".

This youtube channel will be the community's last ditch effort at revitalizing interests for the game. Some players are even bothered by the fact that Epic Games has no updates scheduled for UT3. Personally I don't think it's a big deal since the game has mod support. The existence of mods adds to the game's replay value, customization, and extendability. There also exist mods that enhances gameplay such as the dodgejump and OnSlaught 2.0.

However I can't do this alone as this requires the collective effort of a team of talented individuals who possess a certain skillset. That is what's required to have this idea come into fruition. If you're one of the following then please contact me:

Video Editor -- A video editor would be someone who, given various gameplay clips, would be able to put together a montage. This person is familiar with various video effects and can work his or her way around well known video editing applications such as Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas.

Graphic Designer -- A graphic designer would be someone responsible to designing the youtube layout and the logo associated with the channel.

Manager -- In addition to me there would need to be additional people who can manage the youtube channel by answering people's questions, receiving clips in email, and possibly managing the twitter account associated with this project.

Commentator -- A commentator would be responsible for providing commentary for top plays of the week and other gameplay videos. Ideally this person would need a high quality microphone and be somewhat familar with the gameplay mechanics of UT3 (so he would know what the hell is going on in the game).

Note: It should be noted that I'm not just looking for one person to fill each role. If I'm approached with multiple talented video editors, for instance, then they all get the job. Ideally there won't be a go to guy for everything, there will be multiple people for each role.

Note #2: All pessimistic replies ("lol UT3 is dead this will never work!") will be ignored. Yes the game isn't as popular as Modern Warfare 2 but there are still people who play; the community still exists.

Note #3: If you record your UT3 gaming sessions frequently (or even occasionally) you're more than welcome to join our team).

illuminion

Jun 15, 2010
Stop lying

edit: ~!!@ Stop lying @!!~

It's funny. I've posted this on other message boards and received an overwhelmingly negative response. I don't believe I've done anything to invite such hostility and idiocy. I don't know what compels people to troll my topics and derail my recruiting efforts.

If anyone is seriously interested then feel free to contact me on either AIM (illuminion) or MSN (illuminion@live.com).

Last edited:

illuminion

Jun 15, 2010
People on this board just like trolling, what can you do :) Just have a good laugh and ignore them.

I'm just tired of the trolling. I'm really making a serious effort to get this project started. So far there's a handful of people who are interested in helping out.

~!!@ LOL. You had a St00pid conversation @!!~
:lol::rolleyes::D

He is a member of the Gods of Warfare clan (ut3gow.com).

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Someone created a Youtube channel for UT3, called something like UT3TV. I'm not sure if it was kept up to date, but at one stage they were managing at least one new clip a day.