PSYTEX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
You mean that the original files are overwritten in the original location so that vanilla INF turns into Psytex INF? That would reduce the amount of files I guess, but also screw things up, so standard INF isn't accessible (whatfor you might ask, but I guess some servers still are oldschool [the one that isn't up all the time]).

Personally I don't care about vanilla INF, as I have all the camos in the UT/Psytex/Textures folder and everything System related is in the UT/System folder and I start Psytex with a modified launcher, which doesn't lose all the changes made to the game settings (like it was the case with the .bat launcher, all the changes had to be made in vanilla INF to carry over to Psytex).

I only made the textures, but the coder is Carpetsmoker, so if at all, he can answer your question, as I'm not the coder guy. I guess his answer will be "not necessary" or something like that. I don't know if that would be the right thing to do, depends on what other people think about it.

My "official recommendation" is to just overwrite the original UT files. AFAIK all servers use the psytex package anyway. If there is a server that doesn't: It should upgrade.
It is unfortunate there is no "official release" of infiltration or that UT doesn't support file versioning. These things are outside of my control.

The script I write earlier sort of sucks, not just because it's a dirty workaround to support both "vanilla Inf" and "psytex Inf" within the limitations imposed, but also because it doesn't work on Windows Vista and 7.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Aqui!

[screenshot]http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2682/brazilwood.jpg[/screenshot]

I hope I got the colour scheme right, from what I could tell from pictures.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
The color scheme is just perfect, Psy! The helmet isn´t camouflaged (is it a WIP screenie?) or all woodland uniforms have a green helmet? It could be UN blue (for the Haiti pacification troops) or camouflaged as the rest of the uniform.... =)

Is it too much to kindly ask for a green plastic reskin of the FAL? (as the brazilian IMBEL MD-2 variation of the FN FAL)? Carpet could code it as a mutie as the AKS-74U and RO969 ;D

Dank! =D

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
@Corporal_Lib [BR]:
Helmet is camouflaged now, aswell as many other camos, only Tiger Stripe and Multicam to go.

Ok, I made 50 camos, that would be around 35 camos and 15 variations (same camo featuring different accessiores, like one having a green vest and camouflaged helmet and other a desert vest and a green helmet painted with a tan colour, etc).
Though some camos use the same pattern but in different colours, like the Tiger Stripe pattern comes in a green, urban grey and some other colour variations.

I'm pretty much done, have to work out few details, but 99% of work is done and there is a solid selection of camos, I'm sure we will have a good choice for the player versus player game type. One thing is clear, all of the camos do camouflage good and are generally hard to see (as it is intended in reality), but this time the variety of camos is great and there is much more choice.

I made several camos for each environment. Two camos for arctic (danish flecktarn and plain white), several desert camos with either a green or desert vest (I had to, both vest colour types look just great on them, and the extra choice will make thing more interesting for co-op). Various woodland and urban camos, such as french, brazilian, danish, swedish and dozent US camos.

Furthermore I need to make camouflage painted faces, most of the work was actually done two years ago already, I need to finish it finally. I think next week will be a release!

A pic for appetite:
[screenshot]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/166/acud.jpg[/screenshot]

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I released the camos, including a new face pack and a small update to PsyTex. All in one pack (get it here).
An installation is necessary to play on the servers!

Right now XploD co-op server has some issues that will be resolved soon, joining is not possible. The XploD TDM server works.
Stinkmarder will update his servers as soon as possible, so please have patience.

Here a pic of all the new camos :D

[screenshot]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5387/camolegend.jpg[/screenshot]

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I'll try it out when inf stops BSOD-ing on me.

Maybe someone copy / paste their video settings from the .ini file?

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I'll try it out when inf stops BSOD-ing on me.

Maybe someone copy / paste their video settings from the .ini file?
I don't know what exactly you need, I give you my whole .ini, copy and paste for yourself. :D

@Biene_Maja:
Thanks for the additional link.

@Lethal Dosage:
Originals are removed, as there is not enough server packages, even for my camos, six of them are off the server for now.

Attachments

• Infiltration_psytex.txt
    53.3 KB · Views: 9
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Well unless you play Coop - then you re pretty much ****ed with the serverpackages.
I guess that's why we are so fuked up in co-op. :D

Funny thing is, that XploD said due to less mutators on the TDM/DTAS server there are enough packages left for the camos and faces, but the co-op server that needs them the most has no more room for additional packages, lol.

Last edited:

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Been trying to connect to different servers, i get this error: INF_cfacesP01 version mismatch. What am i doing wrong?
I updated to the last Psytex, i think..

Btw, on the GD DTAS server i get a Weaponpack mismatch.

Simply put, mismatches everywhere. Even pro's like me get them.
Crowze's community edition would be welcome right now.

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Weaponpack mismatch might be due to the 1.6 Update Inigo posted a while ago in an attempt to reduce the serverpackages needed by including the last weapon addons in the weapon pack mutator.

Unfortunately it didn't reduce the ammount of serverpackages (at least according to my log-file; my theory so far is, that dynamically loaded objects get added to the serverpackages, or something like that). Also XploD didn't get it to run properly on his server (SCAR-H wouldn't be added, plus a few people noticed loadouts missing weapons and/or equipment) so he's back on WP151 (or at least was so by mid of last week).

I'm afraid for COOP we need to either cut down on the camos available, or find a different way to use them without affecting serverpackages - if I'm not completely wrong Valhalla Avatar did such a thing for vanilla UT, but judging from the glimpse I took at it it's a shitload of work.

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
So we're an already sparse community divided by mismatches. ;)
Well i hope all can settle on a setting soon. Good luck!!

Snipez

Insane Poster!
Apr 15, 2003
Visit site
Well COOP divided the community. It's hard to imagine that switching out a weapon pack should take more than a minute, but yes the few people would sometimes play something other than coop on the weekends probably won't want to anymore.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Well COOP divided the community.
Actually there wasn't a singular community when I started to play Inf online and there never has been since - and I assume not before. There were endless DTAS/EAS vs. TDM debates and how TDM isn't Inf because it's against some kind of Inf spirit. From what I read there were RealAim yes/no debates back in the 2.86 days, and now we've come to the point where it's TDM/DTAS/EAS vs. COOP apparently.

I'm on COOP at the moment, since it's the only Inf that's populated when I usually play (don't have that much free time anymore) plus I can play it with only a few or no other people online - granted, you can play TDM versus bots or with 2 or 3 others, but it's just not fun IMO. Funny enough three (or so) years ago the same applied to why I play TDM mostly - because there were more people playing TDM than anything else. To put it bluntly: as long as it's Inf (and the population is reasonable) I'm going to play it, no matter if it's TDM/DTAS/EAS/COOP.

As for the weapon pack troubles: IIRC XploD is pretty busy right now and didn't have time to experiment to get WP1.6 to run. Perhaps that will change on a later date and get the servers back to the same version - also does Stm have his server already updated?