Alien Swarm is coming for free

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
If Steam is stealing your soul, you are doing it wrong. ;)

that's easy to say for someone who willingly shed his soul for an on demand service... but you'll wait and see, the mormons dont take kindly to people avoiding kolob ;)

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
All the hate on Steam is getting kind of old. It's a great service, although pricy for Europeans. I like it and I like Valve :)

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
there's always the UT2k4 mod though, or did that 'disappear' ?

// ---
/me wonders how this can be considered 'free' when you are required to sign up for Steam.

(and yes ... having to buy a game just to play a 'free' mod is also not making the game 'free' ... )

/me crawls back under the rock and powers up the flame-shield ...

as the others have said... steam is free.

there is no reason not to have a steam account.

slime73

May 1, 2006
I remember back in 2003, around when Steam first came out, there was a lot of hate for it.

It feels like half the people here are stuck in 2003.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

Same. I remember back when HL2 was announced to use Steam and people threw a **** about it. Guess what? It one of the best selling pc games at that time. People are so talk and not enough walk.