I banned tool...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Okay, I admit it. I didn't ban him. He'll be back in 14 days :(

total-recall-two-weeks-490.jpg

Attachments

• total-recall-two-weeks-490.jpg
    total-recall-two-weeks-490.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Once upon a time, I volunteered at the zoo because I wanted to take care of the animals.

Brizz is a moderator because he wants to take care of the forum.

Every day, I would go clean the monkey cage. There were five monkeys in the cage.

Every day, Brizz cleans up the forum. There are many people on the forum.

And every day, this one monkey would throw its sh*t at me.

Ditto.

But I knew it was part of the job. And people liked that monkey.

Brizz shot the monkey.

F*cking LOL :D

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
They don't mod because they like to keep the forum in order, they just like power and being able to control/censore what they don't like, easy fact of life and humanity.

It may have started that way, but it's long gone

:)

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
I think that political thread related RO's/bans/verbal warnings are lopsided. It seems like the group with the opposite political views to whoever the mod/admin is generally gets the brunt of it, regardless of how good/bad each group's conduct is. Just a general observation that I have had.

It might seem that way. Just reviewing the logs, however, all the Thread Crapper/Troll and Harassment infractions given over the last two years in this forum (by active mods or admins) and it doesn't look that way to me.

Must agree a bit about the lopsidedness ... While it isn't egregious or anything, and those who do catch the ire of the hammer-wielding mods tend to deserve what's coming to them, otoh those same mods seem very willing to look the other way when it comes to similar or worse offenders of basic human decency (names hardly needed I'm sure) whose views happen to more-or-less line up.

That aside, it's probably not said enough, all things considered you all do quite well, and thanks for all of it :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Must agree a bit about the lopsidedness ... While it isn't egregious or anything, and those who do catch the ire of the hammer-wielding mods tend to deserve what's coming to them, otoh those same mods seem very willing to look the other way when it comes to similar or worse offenders of basic human decency (names hardly needed I'm sure) whose views happen to more-or-less line up.

That aside, it's probably not said enough, all things considered you all do quite well, and thanks for all of it :)
We've looked at the list of infractions. If this is happening, it is in extremely rare circumstances.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
They don't mod because they like to keep the forum in order, they just like power and being able to control/censore what they don't like, easy fact of life and humanity.

It may have started that way, but it's long gone

:)

If you're a terrible poster and you post an insane comment with personal insults to senior members or mods you should expect the consequences.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
He was here and there suggesting things either related to gaming or hardware.
And looking back through the last 4 pages of his posts, only 5 or so were useful, most of which were related to 'what racing game rocks?'. The rest were full of insults and rage. :eek:

Besides, the last thing to do post-RO is start crapping about how the mods are [insert bad thing here].

Last edited:

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
We've looked at the list of infractions. If this is happening, it is in extremely rare circumstances.
Sorry, not to pick nits but you lost me.... How does looking at a list of infractions help when reflecting on past incidents of offensive behavior for which no infractions were given?

Anyway not that big a deal, and again, by and large you all do great, and thanks for it. I suppose I do wish more were done to ensure a bit more civility about the place from every direction, but eh that's me.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I read your post backwards for some reason. I agree that we aren't entirely as strict in many cases as I think we should be.