what bulletstorm shouldn't have.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
there's no way to adjust diagonal movement though.
Maybe the system splits the difference between X and Y for diagonals (doubt it) and diagonal is only as fast if X and Y are equal.

I don't know what causes it but in a fast paced FPS, especially UC2 or Bulletstorm, it shouldn't happen.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I had a lot of problems with the mouse movement in Gears, Bioshock, and Mass Effect - but not UT3.
Basically the sensitivity starts out really slow, but then speeds up as I play in the span of about 2-5 minutes. This process resets ocasionally, usually at level changes or even autosave spots.
I tried fixing it for months (regedits, different mice, ini edits, etc; primarily trying to target mouse smoothing and accel), but ended up just dealing with it. With Bioshock it was so bad that I bought the game on my console to play there instead.

Case and point: UE3 games seem to break mouse control on my rig for some reason, but they can avoid it if they want to. I hope Bulletstorm doesn't suffer from it.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
I had a lot of problems with the mouse movement in Gears, Bioshock, and Mass Effect - but not UT3.
Basically the sensitivity starts out really slow, but then speeds up as I play in the span of about 2-5 minutes. This process resets ocasionally, usually at level changes or even autosave spots.
I tried fixing it for months (regedits, different mice, ini edits, etc; primarily trying to target mouse smoothing and accel), but ended up just dealing with it. With Bioshock it was so bad that I bought the game on my console to play there instead.

Case and point: UE3 games seem to break mouse control on my rig for some reason, but they can avoid it if they want to. I hope Bulletstorm doesn't suffer from it.

I really hate the way the mouse works in UT3 compared to most games.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
there's no way to adjust diagonal movement though.
Maybe the system splits the difference between X and Y for diagonals (doubt it) and diagonal is only as fast if X and Y are equal.

I don't know what causes it but in a fast paced FPS, especially UC2 or Bulletstorm, it shouldn't happen.
Ah, now I get what you mean. Republic Commando suffered badly from this too.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Protip: this game owns.

There's no Slow-mo apparently. The only things that are slowed down are the enemies and stuff after you use the telekinesis (and the Telekinetic explosion too) on them, they just levitate in the air.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
The mouse can be properly adjusted only in ini though if it bothers you too much. There was a thread at epicgame forums that I linked few times to these who had that problem.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Well, X and Y wasn't meant here really, it is more the mouse smoothing and stuff.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
What BulletStorm shouldn't have?
  • Endless hordes of dumb, cliche thug & monster bad guys
  • Cheap gimmicks like a tractor beam thingy to pull in enemies
  • Stupid text all over the screen whenever you kill someone
  • No DM, CTF etc. multiplayer
  • No DM, CTF etc. botmatch
  • No mod support
Oops...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
So all things with "No" in front of them mean BulletStorm should have them, right? :p

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
ok, so the slowmo is tractor beam related. I find it kinda stupid, but whatever.
what I think should be taken away is :
- blue glow for slowmo enemies. reminds me of the glowing enemies when in slowmo in FEAR2. worst. idea. ever. enemies are already highly visible, what's with the horrible glow ?
- name and scores of skillshots over every enemy. make an option to have them like that, as a list on the side, or simply take them away.