E3 2010

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
**** until I got my Quad and 4870 more than a year later, not to mention I had to upgrade my OS to even use high graphics settings. Even now, it only gets me a framerate marginally above 40 when I'm not in combat.
At what settings did you play?

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
At what settings did you play?

1680*1050, 2x AA, all high.
Before upgrade I had to lower to upscaled 1440*900 and no AA to even play high comfortably.

Portal 2 co-op, hell yes. Screw HL2EP3. I never played EP1 and 2 anyway.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
This E3 has, at least so far, been a massive surge of golden age throwback goodness. I am actually excited about console gaming for the first time in a long time. I am actually seeing developers beginning to understand that catering exclusively to casuals was the wrong path to take, and they're making good-faith efforts to make up for it.

I'm not so sure if it's scaling back on casual titles (this was the main focus of the MS keynote in my mind) so much as it is realizing that 2D games still work and can sell very well if done correctly. Sure a lot of it is to entice people who grew up on the 8-bit and 16-bit generations, but a lot of 2D gaming is "new" to anyone who started playing during mid to late 90s.

I'd be willing to guess they're probably cheaper to make than 3D games which might explain the new trend. I'm not complaining though, a number of franchises work better in 2D than 3D.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Screw this. Konami failed big time with an even-more-****-than-Microsoft tier conference. Only amazing things: the two Castlevania games. Lord of Shadows is an instant buy for me.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Just saw footage of MGS3 running on the 3DS and I have to say color me impressed. It is like holding a miniature ps2 in your hands :D

Not sure if I will get one yet. I hope it is compatible with normal DS games, though I see no reason why it won't be.

Yeah, I thought that getting rid of GBA game support was bogus, since I still have a lot of those hanging around, too...guess those carts are gonna have to be expensive toy blocks now, if they don't add that support back in.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Yeah, I thought that getting rid of GBA game support was bogus, since I still have a lot of those hanging around, too...guess those carts are gonna have to be expensive toy blocks now, if they don't add that support back in.

I remember hearing that Japanese guy stating it is backward compatible with DS/DSi software.

I'm so glad they revealed this thing now because I was thinking of getting one of those DSi XL's just for the larger screens.
Now I can save my dough and get even bigger screens with 3-d and killer graphics :D
hooray!

Last edited:

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
I remember hearing that Japanese guy stating it is backward compatible with DS/DSi software.

remember hearing that Japanese guy stating it is back

member hearing that Japanese guy stating it

er hearing that Japanese guy stati

ing that Japanese guy st

>>>that Japanese guy<<<

*dies*

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Oh yeah, glad to see that id pulled off vehicle combat...whether Rage's vehicle mode is gonna be better than UT3's, that's gonna have to be seen. Glad to see Willits isn't worried that this will be a Borderlands clone.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Oh yeah, glad to see that id pulled off vehicle combat...whether Rage's vehicle mode is gonna be better than UT3's, that's gonna have to be seen. Glad to see Willits isn't worried that this will be a Borderlands clone.

What are you smoking? UT3's vehicle control was horrible.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
1680*1050, 2x AA, all high.
Before upgrade I had to lower to upscaled 1440*900 and no AA to even play high comfortably.
Don't expected to have good fps if you just max out all options, without fine tuning. Cards that lack shader power can't max shadows, others will have a problem with huge textures and so on. Devs aren't supposed to have an upper limit, they just make the game customizable

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Those Rage videos really are impressive. I'm definitely interested now whereas what I've seen previously left me kinda cold. There's no getting around it though... it's Borderlands, id style.