E3 2010

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Heh...yeah, just as long as it's a native PC game and not a ported game, then I may be happy, but the way he's talking...it'll most likely wind up being a ported game.

I really, really, REALLY wonder why no one ever calls guys like these out on their bull**** during a Q&A session. It just annoys me to no end that not a single interviewer or press member ever has the guts to contradict someone when they spout bull**** like this.

I mean, I bought Crysis, had a relatively up-to-date rig and it STILL ran like **** until I got my Quad and 4870 more than a year later, not to mention I had to upgrade my OS to even use high graphics settings. Even now, it only gets me a framerate marginally above 40 when I'm not in combat.

If there was ever a reason a game where you couldn't blame piracy for mediocre sales, it's Crysis. Yet here we have another airhead making that exact argument.

For the record, I have no doubt that Crysis was pirated a lot. But so is every single other game. Including console games.

-

Seeing the Bulletstorm trailer, I am actually less enthusiastic about it than before. From the screenshots and description, it sounded and looked like a unique and somewhat excentric shooter.
The trailer changed that impression to 'typical Epic machismo weak-oneliner shooter', much like Gears of War, just first person.
It seems Epic can't make games anymore without including buffed space marines with more testosterone than ammo. Shame.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Seeing the Bulletstorm trailer, I am actually less enthusiastic about it than before. From the screenshots and description, it sounded and looked like a unique and somewhat excentric shooter.
The trailer changed that impression to 'typical Epic machismo weak-oneliner shooter', much like Gears of War, just first person.
It seems Epic can't make games anymore without including buffed space marines with more testosterone than ammo. Shame.

I really loved it in the other hand, easily my favourite game shown at E3. I really wanted a FPS gameplay to work like that for a loooong time - and the design of everything is marveleous. Explosive telekinesis = win.

+1 to F: New Vegas, looks much more entertaining than 3, and better weapons too. -1 to Dead Space 2: they're overdoing too much the whole "shoot yellow blobs" thing. The final part of the demo in the Sony Conference was confusing as heck. +1 to Killzone 3: good gameplay, much more better and dynamic than Crysis 2's one.

Also where's EP3, that's the only Valve thing I care about :|

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Everyone just needs to give it up on Ep. 3. It ain't happening.

*dons flame retardant suit* :D

EDIT: Fallout: New Vegas looks pretty good. Looks to have a lot more variety as far as environments are concerned.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004

I'm somewhat in agreement. The game looks fun, but I really really hope the main character isn't nearly that talkative in the final product. It was getting irritating by the end. Like Borderlands was a bit chatty but only when certain events happened... this was like a running monologue. I don't know about everyone else but I like it better when I the player provides the running commentary. Which is why silent (or near silent) protagonists work better in FPS games.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Sonic 4 in the vein of oldskool sonic? Check.
Donkey Kong Country Returns in the vein of oldskool DKC? Check.
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance in the vein of SotN? Check.
Twisted Metal PS3? Check.
Hard Corps: Uprising in the vein of oldskool Contra? Check.

This E3 has, at least so far, been a massive surge of golden age throwback goodness. I am actually excited about console gaming for the first time in a long time. I am actually seeing developers beginning to understand that catering exclusively to casuals was the wrong path to take, and they're making good-faith efforts to make up for it.

My god. I'm actually considering getting a BrickBox 360 just for the new Castlevania.

Oh, and WH40K MMO! About damn time.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Just saw footage of MGS3 running on the 3DS and I have to say color me impressed. It is like holding a miniature ps2 in your hands :D

Not sure if I will get one yet. I hope it is compatible with normal DS games, though I see no reason why it won't be.

Tompika

Jun 1, 2005
Dagobah
25275.jpg

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Where did they show this stuff?

EDIT: 100% agreed with the pic above.

Destructoid has articles about them in their E3 coverage.

Hard Corps was a small announcement and gameplay video from the developer, not one of the big press conferences. Castlevania HD (haw haw) was a floor demo that D-Toid reported on.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Wat?

Is that the lost Alucard sequel that IGA hinted about before LOS was officially announced?

This
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3u3oFjjiFo&feature=related[/M]

My bad, it's actually called Harmony of Despair. Who can keep these convoluted Castlevania names straight anyway?

Dunno, but from the looks of that video I'd say no.

Harmony of Despair is a 2D Live Arcade game that takes the characters from pretty much every "Metroidvania" title and puts them into one game with up to eight player co-op.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-hands-on-with-castlevania-harmony-of-despair-176694.phtml