E3 2010

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
MS's showcase was very unimpressive, though not actually bad. The dancing game looks surprisingly decent and the new hardware is pretty awesome (though I don't spend hundreds of dollars for something simply cooler looking with the exact same features). No Kinect pricing either is sad. Oh, and the Star Wars game looks stupid. I am disappoint.

The dancing game is really the only thing they have going for it right now. 2 of the 15 titles are franchises that started on the Wii. One is an updated Sonic Kart racing game. The rest are basically cribbed from Nintendo.

The tech looks interesting. Like I said in the MS thread, looks nifty but is years late and the Wii will remain the better value proposition unless you care about HD graphics or have a pre-pubescent male in your house that needs to go pew pew pew on a daily basis.

Are there any non-sequel/reboots at the E3 this year ?
Is there any original IP (ok, there's Bulletstorm and that game by the DoA team), but seriously ... new stuff people.

Epic Mickey comes to mind.

Basically looking forward to seeing what Nintendo has on display tomorrow, and hope Sony's presentation isn't the usual snorefest, as it's looking like that might be my next console.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
"We want to make money like Nintendo, but we did not study what they have done wrong, because when we read the stats we only see huge profits and can't think beyond the impressive numbers. The "non-gamers" market is such interesting... In the end, we are doing the same mistake... we spend most of our budget on the 360 Slim and Kinect and we defintitely didn't care about supporting our gamers by delivering more exclusive AAA titles. Unlike Sony, we also didn't support our devs to push the 360 hardware to the limits, so most games on the 360 do not even run at native 720p with great anti-aliasing in 2010. That's also why Halo 2, 3 and Reach are the only games to have a decent Lobby system on console when that should be a requirement on the X-Box 360 for any devs.

Well, we made a mistake, but we don't care yet, because we still want to reach the Wii-audience, so you guys so called Hardcore gameres will wait a very long time."

If you listen carefully, the message pops up in the background each 5 seconds during the conference. What is actually funny is that the Wii-Audience are not even "gamers", they are "non-gamers". Both the 360 and PS3 are considered to be Hardcore platforms. In other words, the Microsoft's E3 Conference was made for the wrong public, because you know what? Most of the Wii-Audience do not watch E3 and most of them already have a Wii :lol:.

CASSE.gif

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I liked the fact that Need for Speed is returning to it's roots. As far as I can see, they did a pretty good job making it look like that is exactly what Hot Pursuit will be. Unfortunately, the last couple Need for Speed games have had the words controls ever in the franchise. If they don't return, then maybe there is hope.

Dead Space 2 looked great. I hope there is still upgradable armor. Bulletstorm also looked pretty good, but not fantastic in my opinion. It seems like a slightly faster and first person Gears of War.

Ubisoft was indeed fail. What the hell was that in the beginning, Asteroids on color roids? I mean, props for getting an actor to do a lot of the public speaking, but fail for having that much conversation in your presentations in the first place. Assassin's Creed isn't even stealthy anymore. Tom Clancy is the new Splinter Cell.

And worst of all, the motion based games everywhere this year is nauseating. Who would have thought we'd have video games about breathing.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Heard some rumors about a Shadow Complex 2, Unreal HD, and Unreal Compilation.

The only stuff that has me stoked now is the new 6-player Castlevania, Contra, and Strider games. The two latter have different names which I can't remember offhand, but are spiritual successors.
There is other stuff I'm keen on (dead space 2, bulletstorm, gears 3, etc), but I haven't seen anything from E3 to really change my impression of them.

Can't really get enthused about the new motion control or 3d spam, though I suppose I'm not their target audience.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
[m]http://www.youtube.com/v/zZtlKcAt0PM&fmt=22[/m]

Why the hell does everything have to default to the 360? The first Crysis was a benchmark for the way pc games looked and this should have been no different. I guarantee it will be dumbed down.

I will admit the game does look good, although the framerate takes a hit during the mechs entrance.

DarkCrow

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Jun 13, 2004
Brasil
Why the hell does everything have to default to the 360? The first Crysis was a benchmark for the way pc games looked and this should have been no different. I guarantee it will be dumbed down.

I will admit the game does look good, although the framerate takes a hit during the mechs entrance.

Blame the pirates :rolleyes:

After the disappointing sales of PC-exclusive FPS Crysis, Crytek president Cevat Yerli has said that his company will no longer make titles exclusive to the PC platform. The main reason? Piracy.

“I believe that’s the core problem of PC Gaming, piracy,” Yerli explained. “It was a big lesson for us and I believe we wont have PC exclusives as we did with Crysis in future. We are going to support PC, but not exclusive anymore.”

http://www.ripten.com/2008/04/30/crytek-shifting-to-console-focus/

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006

Waaaaah! Don't be like a jealous girlfriend; learn to share. The game looks incredible on the 360 and you know it'll look even better on the PC. I'm willing to bet it will be the best looking game on PC as well. As for being dumbed down, if Crytek were known for making smart games I might be worried, but as fun as Crysis was, it was a simplistic (if fun) game.

~Jason

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
That's not what he said before:
http://www.vg247.com/2010/04/09/yerli-crysis-2-on-consoles-not-about-sales/

Here's another plan. How about releasing a game that actually runs on consumer (or indeed, any) hardware before whinging about noone buying it?

I think that might be why Crysis 2 will be on the 360... to avoid pirating losses.

I on the other hand have been waiting for the Maximum edition, but now that its out, I have way to many other games to play to bothering purchasing it at this moment in time. =/

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Nintendo thingie just finished; Motion+ Zelda, new Kirby, 3d Kid Icarus, Goldeneye, and some random jrpg's and other stuff we already knew.

Out of all those, Kirby looks the most badass.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Crysis 2 looks extremely great visually and all but the gameplay is snore-inducing from what I saw.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Nintendo thingie just finished; Motion+ Zelda, new Kirby, 3d Kid Icarus, Goldeneye, and some random jrpg's and other stuff we already knew.

Out of all those, Kirby looks the most badass.

The zelda looks pretty tired, to be honest, lacking any sort of innovation since OoT; it barely even looks better! I also really hope that the interference was really the problem and not the typical Wii controller crapshoot.

Goldeneye looks decent, but it's not the goldeneye we all loved, but rather a new goldeneye (the movie) game--due to licensing issues (Nintendo and activision own the goldeneye license, but Rare made the game, therefore it will certainly be different--ESPECIALLY as it is being made by the same team that did The World is Not Enough for the n64).

The new kirby looks great, but it's not really a Kirby game. No flying, no sucking up enemies and stealing their abilities= wtf? It looks like a great game but they would have been better served by simply launching a new IP or going the Paper Mario route instead of jamming in Kirby to a design that doesn't fit him. Sigh.

I'm intrigued by the new Kid Icarus, I must admit. It looks like a solid entry into the franchise, though it hasn't been a particularly thrilling franchise for me, so we'll see.

~Jason