E3 2010

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
New Zelda
Dead Space 2
3DS(won't buy one though but curious)
Castlevania: LOS(saw some recent screenies and it is looking awesome - Patrick Stewart ftw)
Crysis 2

Don't really give a crap about Natal eerrrrr sorry KINECT(stupid) or the Playstation Move. Source 2 I don't think even exists. I though Valve said Source was flexible enough for years to come.

Other than that I can't really think of anything else right now.

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Crysis 2
Bulletstorm
Fallout: New Vegas

I'm also interested in the new Mortal Kombat game, even though I wont be able to play it :(

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
New Zelda

New Zelda

How the hell did I forget about the New Zelda!? YES. Metroid, Conduit, 3DS and Zelda. That's all the confirmed things that I want to see.

Also, I might be getting my hopes up, but I REALLY want to see a new, first-party Star Fox game created in-house by Nintendo that utilizes the GameCube/Classic Controller with optional Wii controls. As much as I want to play Star Fox with Wii controls, I still want to have the option of classic gamepad controls. Can't wait for Nintendo's conference tomorrow!

Castlevania: LOS

As for this though, while it looks cool, I don't care for it one bit. It looks like a God of War clone, not to mention it's not on the Wii, which is probably the number one reason why I refuse to even go near it. Castlevania has been a Nintendo franchise from the start, and now all of a sudden is 360 and PS3 only? Wait, I gotta stop myself there, I'm ranting again.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
It won't really play like GoW, i.e. no button smashing. Kojima won't let me down. Also it's a good thing it's not on the Wii personally, last time there was Judgement and it was atrocious.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
It won't really play like GoW, i.e. no button smashing. Kojima won't let me down. Also it's a good thing it's not on the Wii personally, last time there was Judgement and it was atrocious.

Wtf I thought Judgement was a PS2 title. Something is wrong with meeee....

But Judgement was a fighter game. This one looks like a 3rd person action-adventure. Honestly it wouldn't be that hard to develop a Wii version alongside the 360/PS3 version and use the GameCube controller instead of the Wii remote + Nunchuk. What is with game companies thinking if they make a Wii version of their game that no one would buy it!?

Ugh! Hell with it, I'll get it for my 360 if the reviews are good and if I have money. I won't accomplish anything if I just sit here and wait for devs to have Wii versions of their 360/PS3 games.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
MS's showcase was very unimpressive, though not actually bad. The dancing game looks surprisingly decent and the new hardware is pretty awesome (though I don't spend hundreds of dollars for something simply cooler looking with the exact same features). No Kinect pricing either is sad. Oh, and the Star Wars game looks stupid. I am disappoint.

~Jason

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Microsoft's E3 press conferences are usually pretty solid, but I honestly thought that this year's was... awful. At least from a "hardcore" gamer's point of view.

MGS: Rising looked great, but aside from that what was there to see besides a bunch of cringeworthy Kinect demos?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
The problem is that we already knew about everything on the hardcore side (halo and GOW looked great, but we've already seen them and MGS: Rising was also exactly what we were expecting). I'm guessing the publisher specific booths will be where everything interesting to the hardcore gamer is going to be as this year MS is more intent on stealing as many Wii users as possible.

~Jason

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Are there any non-sequel/reboots at the E3 this year ?
Is there any original IP (ok, there's Bulletstorm and that game by the DoA team), but seriously ... new stuff people.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Dead Space 2 & Gears of War 3 & Bulletstorm = god. 2011 is going to kick ass.
Crysis 2 was really boring, on the other hand; too bad because the environments are great. Overall EA's conference was waaaay better than Microsoft's one. Never thought I could say that.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
Microsoft = Nintendo 1.5

Same as last year, everything is about netflix, Kinect, etc. Microsoft poorly support new IPs for their platform, I guess all the budget was spend on the 360 slim on features that should have been on the first model since the start. And what the hell is Code Name Kingdoms; a movie?

5.5/10 - If you are a real gamer
8.5/10 - If you don't play real games

- - - - - - - - -

Medal of Honor looks mostly like what Modern Warfare should have been since the first game, however... I think I saw a killstreak and killstreaks suck - too bad.

Bulletstorm WAS THE SHOW.

Crysis 2 looked great, but I don't know, maybe very generic.

The rest was so, so...

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Ubisoft are taking bad press conferences to a whole new level...

All it needs now is having James Cameron walk out on the stage.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Looking forward to:

Bulletstorm
Red Faction Armageddon
Crysis 2
id Tech 5 (if Carmack has any new news)
Hoping that 3D Realms and Take Two have some announcement (which I doubt will happen)
:D