Bulletstorm Footage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
I'm actually fairly unimpressed by this game in general. Looks extremely generic and like it's trying to cater to adolescents. Might be the first Epic Games product I won't buy since the original Unreal. But I suppose we'll see further down the road :)

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I'm actually fairly unimpressed by this game in general. Looks extremely generic and like it's trying to cater to adolescents. Might be the first Epic Games product I won't buy since the original Unreal. But I suppose we'll see further down the road :)
This.

And without co-op it's looking more and more like I won't care about this game come its release date unless the multiplayer is compelling enough for me.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
No, actually, not for $50. I honestly cannot think of many games that absolutely would not benefit from co-op. Most games don't have it, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't or that it won't work.

Unless they are trying to make a decent story. IE Half-Life, Max Payne, could have co-op, but it would detract from storytelling.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Unless they are trying to make a decent story. IE Half-Life, Max Payne, could have co-op, but it would detract from storytelling.
But what happens when you aren't playing it for the story anymore? How would co-op (or multiplayer at all) ruin something that isn't the primary focus behind playing the game anymore? It's not like any of the game mentioned have ridiculously complex, branching storylines that can end in hundreds of ways.

One example of that, for me, is Rune. That game was AWESOME. Adding co-op wouldn't have made it worse, and eventually someone did make a co-op mod for it and it was also AWESOME.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
What about Killing Floor? That had a lot of slow motion and it was ONLY co-op
I played it for the first time today and find bullet-time in MP just annoying tbh.

I suppose they could do co-op in bulletstorm and just get rid of the slo-mo... but my guess is that good ol' fashion co-op simply got put on the good ol' fashion chopping block due to lack of time.

BoneofFear

The American Dying Machine
Jul 14, 2004
IN DA CHOPPA!
www.myspace.com
omg,those that complain about the game being Unimpressive.Grow up.A game isn't about looks dip****s but you probably wouldn't know that johndoe OR someguy with your head's so far up your ass. and NO brizz the way I see not all games NEED coop just like how some games don't NEED multiplayer.Don't like my opinions then kiss my ass and maybe even get sir_brizz or whoever to get me banned if you want me outta here that badly.and yes I CAN'T WAIT to get a chance to play this game.Don't like.TOO BAD DON'T CARE!

I know why THEY said there is no co-op. That doesn't mean anything.

It probably means they just don't want to focus yet another game on the hand-holding-co-op style of gameplay that every other game on the market has been catering to since UT3 bombed.

UT3 was one of the last of the "every man for himself" games, and it bombed horribly I believe due in part to just that. TF2 and L4D type players, the CSS generation fired it up and said "omg I have to rely on only my own wits to stay alive?? /ragequit!"

All I can hope, is that the guys at PCF are as sick of co-op games as I am. :D

Co-op, combo style kills, sure, happened all the time traditional DM games, but then the players involved in sandwiching that poor sob in that combo should be able to turn on each other too.

/oldschooldmftw

Last edited by a moderator:

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Co-op, combo style kills, sure, happened all the time traditional DM games, but then the players involved in sandwiching that poor sob in that combo should be able to turn on each other too.

/oldschooldmftw

It's called "fragsteal" :mad:

Also I want to play this game now. Couldn't care less if it had co-op or not. Sure it would be a plus but I wouldn't like it less if it won't have it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
omg,those that complain about the game being Unimpressive.Grow up.A game isn't about looks dip****s but you probably wouldn't know that johndoe OR someguy with your head's so far up your ass. and NO brizz the way I see not all games NEED coop just like how some games don't NEED multiplayer.Don't like my opinions then kiss my ass and maybe even get sir_brizz or whoever to get me banned if you want me outta here that badly.and yes I CAN'T WAIT to get a chance to play this game.Don't like.TOO BAD DON'T CARE!
Your post is highly offensive to me! Please consider yourself virtually banned.

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
But what happens when you aren't playing it for the story anymore? How would co-op (or multiplayer at all) ruin something that isn't the primary focus behind playing the game anymore? It's not like any of the game mentioned have ridiculously complex, branching storylines that can end in hundreds of ways.

One example of that, for me, is Rune. That game was AWESOME. Adding co-op wouldn't have made it worse, and eventually someone did make a co-op mod for it and it was also AWESOME.

Wait RUNE had a coop mod made? That game was so much fun at lans, use to play it till late hours non stop.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yeah, the Rune Co-op Mod was freaking awesome. It had difficulty scaling and everything for playing with multiple people. And the thing is, it completely ruined the "story". But it was also possibly the most awesome thing that ever happened to that game.

http://ravage.icculus.org/runecoop/ - Linux installer!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I played it for the first time today and find bullet-time in MP just annoying tbh.

I agree with you to a point, but once you gain higher perk levels where you are able to "chain" the slow-down events you began to really appreciate the extra time you get to assess your situation... or maybe line up a couple more critical headshots. It becomes especially important on Hard and Suicidal difficulty.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I'm impressed this game isn't another boring FPS in the CoD/Halo way. I guess it'll probably be the best Epic product since Unreal and SC :p

Jam3s

Apr 25, 2008
I agree with UBerzerker, while this isn't anything crazy original... it sure as hell cant be as bad as the Halo and Call of duty games that keep getting shoved down our throats.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
The whole "slo-mo" effect doesn't lend itself to any kind of multiplayer/co-op.
All I can say is it looks very consolized, making my PC feel old and neglected.

How does slo-mo make a game consolized? May I direct you to Mr. Max Payne and senor F.E.A.R for prime examples.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I think he meant the gameplay in general, not the slomo specifically.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I agree with UBerzerker, while this isn't anything crazy original... it sure as hell cant be as bad as the Halo and Call of duty games that keep getting shoved down our throats.

Call Of Duty isn't all that bad. The mechanism and online gameplay will keep you in for a long while with the content it has to offer. And to be honest it really does feel good as you get the hang of point and click ADS. My point is, if you make a new game with similar mechanism it can really delivers.

There's no games that I've played more online than CoD 4. It would have been the same for MW2 if it wasn't so much of a joke.