icelandic Volcanic Ash grounds the UK

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I'm suprised no one else has amde a therad on this so I will.

A volcano has been erupting in Iceland, it's sent a whole heap of ash into the air which has spread out, too hgih for anyone to visibly notice, all over the UK and the nearest parts of europe. As such all planes going to and from the UK have been grounded as the ash would tear their precious little engines up.

here's some piccies.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Pff who cares about the effect it has on airplanes.
Why does that matter , it's a volcano. Everything's only important if it's stupid now.
Volcanoes are already good without linking aeroplanes.
What

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
boo hoo at UK, check out how perfectly it nails us!

503x.jpg

parameter

I even live at the southwest corner, so I get nailed square on. Word on da streetz right now is that we might not get any air traffic for months, which would be (and already is) historic.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Iceland is taking it's revenge after pressure from the EU to compensate ex-customers of Kaupthing :p.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
The Planet farts.
Humans freek out.
News and pictures at 10:00.

Now we need to dig a big hole, and sweep all this crud into it.

I call it the ash-hole.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
They're probably overreacting a bit by grounding air traffic, but if something did happen they would be in deep **** for not taking precautionary measures.

It's been a great past year for natural disasters... major earthquakes in Haiti, Chile, and China, and now this.