I have a job interview.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
No. I always visited and personally handed in my CV/application, and made sure they were aware I was interested. Even when they spouted crap like 'oh, this application is just a formality, i'm certain the job will be yours' - coming from a MANAGER, and still not hearing back is pretty lame.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
No. I always visited and personally handed in my CV/application, and made sure they were aware I was interested. Even when they spouted crap like 'oh, this application is just a formality, i'm certain the job will be yours' - coming from a MANAGER, and still not hearing back is pretty lame.

Seems like job hunting is as much BS in the UK as it is here in the US. :/

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Seems like job hunting is as much BS in the UK as it is here in the US. :/

Come to Belgium and you will get that sort of bull**** in spades. When you write a cover letter, state when you are likely to contact a company to have news. Phone back in a week or two to find it if they're interested and if you get a negative or a neutral reply just move on.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I always visited and personally handed in my CV/application, and made sure they were aware I was interested.
in that case, there's really only a couple explanations (this from an American viewpoint); another applicant was genuinely better than you, your resume is not as good as you think, or you were discriminated against.
it could just as easily be your age ("too young") as your gender.

but who cares right? that's behind you, you landed a formal job, and from this point on it should be a lot easier for you to score future job interviews. because in the corporate world, like the entertainment business, you're only as good as your last hit.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Maybe it's because you have great breasts, the male employers probably fear that if they did hire you, other people will jut think you were hired for that reason. And that isn't an issue with your new non-lesbian female employer.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Noone might care but I have an interview today. Cross fingers touch wood.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Messed up after that last interview. Got another one this Thursday for an internship. This one should be good because it's with a company that does an all-in-one usb solution for booting computers.