CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Just turn off the steam overlay (The shift+tab thingy) and that should fix your problem.

You know what? I think that really did it. I wish I was kidding.

I wonder A) what's the explanation to which retard is responsible for that and B) why they're not addressing this very easy-to-fix issue.

Anyway, glad someone could finally help me out.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah. Too bad there's like 4 servers at 50/50 full of idiots running with MP5's or people who should seriously go outside sometimes on the 5-8 player servers. :\

brian edge

Apr 30, 2009
I bought CoD4 on PC recently cause I know CoD keeps me interested(although extremely aggravated at the same time) and my Xbox is broken right now. I hate the fact that there aren't any decent sized servers. It's mostly 50 people, who don't understand that other people don't like playing with you if you have 300 ping. Not to mention, most of the games have botters. Hell, there was one guy that was botting and every time he got a headshot, it would say something like, "Headshot courtesy of h3h3's hack."

****ing irritating.

But I can't stop.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I've never had any problems with PB after remembering to update. I have only seen five or six cheaters ever in COD4 and I think it's pretty safe to say that's because of PB.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I've never had any problems with PB after remembering to update. I have only seen five or six cheaters ever in COD4 and I think it's pretty safe to say that's because of PB.
I've seen tons of cheaters in CoD4. Dunno what servers you play on :)

EvenBalance refused to admit that PunkBuster didn't work on Windows 7 for months of people reporting issues because it was "pre-release" software. Even now, you can't just install it. You have to find some hidden installer that actually installs the services properly.

EvenBalance also refuses to admit that their third party software scanner doesn't work properly and is often too aggressive in recognizing potential hacks. The Steam beta UI triggers hack detection in PunkBuster, and their response is that it is Valve's problem and they shouldn't have to do anything with it.

Aside from that, PunkBuster is one of the weakest anti-cheat applications out there. If you're not seeing many cheaters, it's because they've moved on to other, more popular games to hack in.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
EvenBalance also refuses to admit that their third party software scanner doesn't work properly and is often too aggressive in recognizing potential hacks. The Steam beta UI triggers hack detection in PunkBuster, and their response is that it is Valve's problem and they shouldn't have to do anything with it.

WTF? Evenbalance says it is Valve, and Valve says it is Evenbalance. Hmmm not so much of an "even balance" is there :lol: