I have a job interview.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
The title says it all.

I've been in education all my life and so I've never really needed/wanted to get a job. I'm now thinking differently and have scored an interview as an pharmicist assistant and i really, really want this job. I've only ever had one job interview in my life and it went pretty horrifically, so I was wondering if any of you had some pointers? I already know I have to dress smart, do a little background info on the company etc. Any other suggestions?

Taa.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Relax. While professionalism is a must, letting personality shine through really, really helps. Everyone would rather work with someone they can get along with.

~Jason

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
^^ good points. Also, you want to show (or at least make them think) you're really interested in the given line of work. that way they don't think you're there to make a paycheck while working half-ass. so.... since you're applying as an assistant pharmacist, you can tell them that you're a big fan of drugs, that you've been taking them for a long time and you're really excited to dive right in. you'll score for sure!

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Breath deep and relax and be yourself, best advice ever :tup: .
I'm sure there're several lists on the internet with standard questions employers in England use for job interviews, just like there are several for typical German job interviews. Find one of these and prepare yourself. Should be very general questions like "why do you want to work here", "what have you worked so far", yaddayadda.
The point is to seem nice, knowledgeable and a little prepared.
I've been in many job interviews and it all basically boils down to the same questions with different coating.

Good Luck

^^ good points. Also, you want to show (or at least make them think) you're really interested in the given line of work. that way they don't think you're there to make a paycheck while working half-ass. so.... since you're applying as an assistant pharmacist, you can tell them that you're a big fan of drugs, that you've been taking them for a long time and you're really excited to dive right in. you'll score for sure!

:lol: we all wanna score at the drugstore ;)

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Just remain calm, and have a positive attitude. That's the best advice I can give.

Also if its a guy interviewing you, show a little bit of cleavage. Its all about using your assets! :tup:

Kiff we may have differing political views but you are seriously one of my favorite posters.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
relax, be yourself, and ask questions that show you are both interested in and understanding of the job itself.

also, show cleavage.
this may actually be more important than the previous 3 points.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
  • Tell them MADXW recommends you, they'll know what it means.
  • As a last resort tell them you will sue them for gender discrimination or something if they don't give you the job.
  • Or just follow Dragonfliet's advice.
  • Or punch the people in their respective faces; steal their clothes, dress up as them and pretend you are the owner of the business.
  • Bring sandwiches.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Confidence and big smiles. :) Being nervous is ok, but make sure the confidence outshines the nervousness. Introduce yourself with a smile and a confident handshake.

Good luck sweetie.You really got it going on and you will do fine!

If all else fails, show em your boobies. ;)

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
Confidence and big smiles. :) Being nervous is ok, but make sure the confidence outshines the nervousness. Introduce yourself with a smile and a confident handshake.

Good luck sweetie.You really got it going on and you will do fine!

If all else fails, show em your boobies. ;)

What a lovely post! Thank you flak. :)

Oh, and to those telling me to get my cleavage on, it's a woman who's holding the interview. :p

drakon

Introverted™
Jan 20, 2008
Maybe she likes women who show their cleavage. You never know these days :p ;)