UE1 - UT UT: Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack [RECRUITMENT THREAD]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There is a model in the U95 alpha tech demo but nobody extracted it. It is I believe in the dll or somewhere.....yes there were no *.u packages....it was all in executable dll and other files.

Anyway that's pretty impressive job Daewon....

Here are some other shots:
mon12.jpg

this is even from the first prototype:
dragon.jpg

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
I want create U95dragon. according to those 3 pictures, I will try to comply with the proportions ;)

so I created a model, currently only the body, head, wings. + simple texture.
now finish the hands and feet + skeleton... animations :)
btw this position is for stand. same here
http://www.gamespot.com/features/makeunreal/screens/unreal0.jpg

my concept
drak.gif

Holy ****ing hell!!!! O_O Dude, I BOW down to you... o-o...you've impressed an old vet! :tup: :2thumb:

There is a model in the U95 alpha tech demo but nobody extracted it. It is I believe in the dll or somewhere.....yes there were no *.u packages....it was all in executable dll and other files.

Anyway that's pretty impressive job Daewon....

Here are some other shots:
mon12.jpg

this is even from the first prototype:
dragon.jpg

Resource Hacker should do the trick, I'll have to see though... :/

Jesus H, that model is impressive!

I laughed at the lack of legs though :p

Same. :lol: BUT..this is still an epic win beyond all relief... ;D

Daewon... you're the MAN! That Dragon does look impressive.

Quoted for truth! :)

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Daewon, I still need two things in this dragon, namely two skins: a red one as in the prototype screenshot that Leo posted and a totally gray one as it is going to be a gargoyle, too. Nice progress on legs in there, remember about the frontal NOSE and frontal teeth too... well, adding ARMS wouldn't hurt.

I'm having a problem with my internet connection but as soon as it is resolved, I will upload the current FCBP snapshot for private distribution.

Daewon

Oct 29, 2009
Czech Republic
Daewon, I still need two things in this dragon, namely two skins: a red one as in the prototype screenshot that Leo posted and a totally gray one as it is going to be a gargoyle, too. Nice progress on legs in there, remember about the frontal NOSE and frontal teeth too... well, adding ARMS wouldn't hurt.

I'm having a problem with my internet connection but as soon as it is resolved, I will upload the current FCBP snapshot for private distribution.
yes but as looking orig picture, has no front teeth. only after the sides, but can be added.
on the legs still working..
dragon.jpg

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1

Myself, I would have the gargoyle as a different pawn, based from this dragon (if at all possible). ;) We shall talk on MSN about this ;)

But otherwise, this skin and a red skin would be perfect...2 pawns per different textured dragon...or a modified model of the prototype dragon from this 95 dragon...that would be awesome, but, we'll see what *DOES* unravel & unfold in the meantime. :)

yes but as looking orig picture, has no front teeth. only after the sides, but can be added.. on the legs still working..
dragon.jpg

unreal0.jpg
...hopefully this helps. :)

/me wonders what AI would fit the dragon(s), or if a custom one would be needed

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
My guess, Warlord AI would be best 'cept it would need fire breath instead of missiles.

Oh, and we WILL use the same pawn as base for the Dragon AND the Gargoyle. Just as in Titan/StoneTitan case.

Today's snapshot is uploaded and ready to send to all the volunteers along with the particular actions to take. PMing.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
It still doesn't have front teeth, these dragons, only on sides...I guess it was the purpose.

Anyway here are lots of beta, alpha shots:
http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=78&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Mind you, there is one wheel of time pic between those too, which shouldn't belong there. Also the concept art of the Skaarj doesn't belong in these shots as it was even said in the thread, it was a fan art made around 2005.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
OK, frontal teeth go byebye, but the fangs need to be visible when the dragon is direclty facing us, same for eyes. Some narrow nose holes would also do...

BTW, tasks assigned for: rmcollins3, Daewon and Leo(T.C.K). Check your PMs, gentlemen.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
A coder is required for the project! Please apply the usual way (PM/email/MSN/whatever). Fame and glory await...

Daewon

Oct 29, 2009
Czech Republic
wireframe (508 triangles)
Dwire.gif

textured, UV map
UVwork.gif
UVmapC.bmp

now make it skeleton, animations, textures, script, sounds, ... :rolleyes:
at weekend I something to do, uhm I don't have time..

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
@Daewon Wow man, looking impressive! :D

@Everyone ok, recently, Delacroix wanted me to work on Jean "El Chicoverde" Rochefort's ShameQuest levels for Unreal, henceforth I've decided that I'm going to include it into the FCBP! :) I will fix up the levels, free them of their BSP holes (and the HOM's ;$ ), and what not. :)

Also, we are looking for a musician who is good at working with module music, and *possibly* texture artists for our modellers. :) You can contact us through this thread, PM, MSN or email. If you want our MSN: PM me and/or Delacroix (Delacroix preferred ;) )

And as Delacroix said, we need coders! :) We need a handy group of people that can help us code the challenge/tourney ladders, finish off the code that Artifex & BlackCheetah started. ;) As usual, you can contact us through this thread, PM, MSN or email. And, of course, if you want our MSN: PM me and/or Delacroix (Delacroix preferred ;) )

Many thanks, and best regards! :)
RoninMastaFX

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Exactly. I have carefully examined the Shamu maps and it seems as the UT ShamuQuest series (sbegin, sbegin2 and stemple) may fit into the general storyline as third of the four three-map arcs, which means that our mappers will have to create the second and fourth arcs. Based on the level filenames, teleporters and readme content I have assumed that the following maps are required to be done:

sancient2 - another temple (if there is an sancient1 ready, an sancient2 is logical). There must be a swamp on this map, as readme for the original Unreal ShamuQuest informs us of a Black Swamp area.
smines1 - a mining complex (there is a teleporter to smines1 at the end of svalley1 level).
smines2 - if there is an smines1, an smines2 would be logical.
scaverns1 - a cavern level (a teleporter at the end of stemple leads to scaverns1)
scaverns2 - if there is an scaverns1, an scaverns2 would be logical.
sicefort - The Icy Fortress as described in the readme for the original ShamuQuest as our goal.

Now perhaps some of the levels have somehow been started before Chicoverde dumped ShamuQuest. Perhaps, there are some WIP versions of the levels. As RMFX has recently found a webpage with Jean's address, I will address him directly to see if he has any leftovers...

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
What website? Why didn't you tell me? I only found that person who might have contact to him, but that guy hasn't responded. Did you find direct contact for him? If it is the ONP team page, that email is no longer working.