Mass Effect 2 Love Fest

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Congrats Sjosz, I don't know anyone who is not playing it. Well, except my Dad. :p

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
I have a few more free weeks left and I was hoping I could use them to sort some **** out, but now it seems I have no other choice than play ME2. **** you Bioware!

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
It plays great. I am surprised how well it runs on my computer. Recommended specs really are what you need! :)

Maxed out at 1680x1050, have yet to see any significant frame drop or tearing.
Q6600, Asus P5K-SE, 2GB OCZ Reaper RAM, 8800 GTS 640MB OC1 by BFG, and I know you have better than that so you won't have any problems :)
This runs better than Mass Effect 1, for now at least. And it looks better than Mass Effect 1 by a mile.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I'm not installing Steam to play a game (offline mode or not)........oh well, back to other games I guess.
Bodysnatchers.jpg

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Congrats Sjosz, I don't know anyone who is not playing it. Well, except my Dad. :p
I think, this may be is the most awesome game I've ever played...

Thank you! I hope everyone enjoys the game. :)

I have a few more free weeks left and I was hoping I could use them to sort some **** out, but now it seems I have no other choice than play ME2. **** you Bioware!
We love you too!

I'm not installing Steam to play a game (offline mode or not)........oh well, back to other games I guess.

If you get the retail boxed version for PC in stores, you do not require Steam to be able to play Mass Effect 2.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
OK then, I guess it's settled. I didn't know there was a difference. Is this the same with other games like GRiD, etc.?

I would imagine so? I think the only games that may require some sort of Steam connection are maybe Valve's own (Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2, L4D), or digital download only games (Trine, Torchlight). I don't know for sure of course, since I use Steam. Most PC games released in shops can be installed to PC and played without the use or requirement of Steam. There is a possibility for a lot of games to be connected to a Steam account, should you so desire.

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
The only non-valve game that has ever required me to fire up steam when installing from the disc was Last Remnant I think.

Good thing too, since I lost the disc.