BuF History

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
Oh man...this really, really brings it back. I have such a huge smile on my face now because of this thread

I remember phil getting banned
I remember Sir_Brizz and Worf being involved in epic thread wars
I remember Dopefish losing his virginity? Do people remember this? He posted a pic of the girl, and everyone just lit him up. What a brutal thread that was.
I remember the thread that everyone posted in that resulted in a banning. It was called "Post in this thread and get banned". That's how I have my pink username!

Rask

Aug 15, 2004
Finland
www.rdegree.net
I think I remember the ban thread. :D

I've lurked here for some time, but haven't been so involved that I'd recall any great history. I liked the April's fools though.

Don't forget the history of hosted sites at BU!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Did he have a dark hand?

Hehe, the darkshrooms asking for admin position thread.

Karnage his pic is still there

darkhand.jpg

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
I think there was another "Great Crash" around 2003 (deleting everything back to early 2002).

The "Great Purge of 2006" was really terrible. The mods were childish (PMB) and the forums really lost many good members.

Also, somebody should create a section about the Infiltration boards on the wiki. Boy did we see some action over there! The flame wars and the mod turnover were incredible. The moderators and members had greater privileges : we could swear, post risqué images, sport huge sigs, and flame each other into oblivion.
But after a while, the main admins (hal?) grew tired of our antiques and started phasing out our regular mods to replace them with some kind of puppet moderator (Code). The resulting flame war was awesome and he eventually left, but things were never the same after that.
There should also be something about Bad Mojo and his "army", and the time NTKB posted a pictures of his balls.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It's interesting that you're trying to establish the people enforcing the rules as the "childish" ones.

Also, the Infiltration team has always been responsible for choosing its own moderators. We just flick the switch.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
[thread=117808]Lest we forget: a lengthy, significant and life-changing masterpiece.[/thread]

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I remember Dopefish losing his virginity? Do people remember this? He posted a pic of the girl, and everyone just lit him up. What a brutal thread that was.

I read that thread at some point. It was hilarious, the chick was a total cow. When was that? Was I here then? Or did I find it in Classics?

Speaking of, what is the name of that thread? Anybody know?

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Also, somebody should create a section about the Infiltration boards on the wiki. Boy did we see some action over there! The flame wars and the mod turnover were incredible. The moderators and members had greater privileges : we could swear, post risqué images, sport huge sigs, and flame each other into oblivion.
But after a while, the main admins (hal?) grew tired of our antiques and started phasing out our regular mods to replace them with some kind of puppet moderator (Code). The resulting flame war was awesome and he eventually left, but things were never the same after that.
There should also be something about Bad Mojo and his "army", and the time NTKB posted a pictures of his balls.

Ahh, the Infiltration boards, my old haunt, and ohh boy do i remember all of that, such delicious drama we made out of it all :D

There's not a lot of us still around though, and certainly not many oldtimes from before the BMA and all of that, unless, they like me have changed name durring some of the crashes and i just don't recognize them.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I read that thread at some point. It was hilarious, the chick was a total cow. When was that? Was I here then? Or did I find it in Classics?

Speaking of, what is the name of that thread? Anybody know?

Okay, confession time.

Dope came here and posted a thread about losing his virginity. Of course, he hadn't posted here for quite a while, and only came back to post about popping his cherry.

I decided to do a little investigative work. It wasn't all that hard. All I had to do was google Dopefish and I found out which forum he was posting on. I signed up on those forums as a member named "Cherry Pop".

Via searching around, I found out that forum members had got together for a meet and greet. It came complete with pictures. A bit more searching around let me find out who it was that the Doper was boinking. In order to do the searches, I had to do a certain number of forum posts to get access to certain forums. So I spammed a bit.

When I did get the picture of his mate, I sent it via PM to...damned if I can remember...Deepershade I think. I also posted a link to his "I'm not a virgin any more" thread to their website. It started a semi-scandal over there too :D It was then people figured out what the name "Cherry Pop" was about.

That being said, at least he got some! Good for you Dope, and sorry if I created any huge problems, but I was bored and you came here after being away for months and posted something controversial.