How did you meet your other half?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
I met the perfect being only once.There she was. The Glory of The Many. The Many sings to us. My head is full of wonderful ideas and experiments... they have so many miracles to share... so much knowledge to give... They told me how to make this implant... they said it will make a better me of me... I wish I had more time so I could give it to them...

:tup:

"What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? What is a thought, compared to a mind? Our unity is full of wonder, which your tiny individualism... cannot even conceive."

"We do not know death... only change. We cannot kill each other without killing ourselves. Is your vision... so small... that you cannot see the value of our way?"

"Your time is running out. This place is a womb, where we grow our future. Your weapons fail, your ammunition runs low, and you've yet to see our most beautiful creation. All you have is your hatred, and your... individuality. Now don't you wish you joined us? Would you then feel so alone?"

<3 <3 <3 <3

I am but a voice in their chorus

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
I had just moved to Florida in 2003 and was looking for people to hang out with. I met this one girl who brought me to the beach to meet some of her friends. Ashley (my wife now :D ) was there but was dating some other guy at the time. Well me and that other guy became really good friends and I started hanging out with him a lot. He and Ashley realized they weren't a good match but stayed friends and we all hung out and drank a lot. Ashley and I kept hanging out more and more by ourselves until we considered it a "relationship" and than eventually things got serious.

October 24th, 2009 we got married and thats the end of the story.

Woot!
733809205_BqDLM-L.jpg

Last edited:

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Because if you never try you'll never fail. And if you never fail then you'll never feel the pain of failure. Because you're so happy now. Because everything is just fine in your life and you wouldn't change a thing.

Right?

1. You yourself have said you hate marriage.

2. I'm NINETEEN why the **** would I be worried about getting married?

Mastame

Dec 27, 2004
The Netherlands
Don't know if I should call her my "other half" just yet, but she's the cousin of a good friend of mine.

Parents of the good friend held a party for their anniversary, I was invited and the cousin was there. Totally impressed by that girl, but she had a boyfriend and lived not quite in the near vicinity. Off-limits, no big deal. Year later, good friend held her birthday party and the cousin was there again. New boyfriend, still off-limits. We got along really well though and eventually exchanged numbers. Contact got really good from there. Her relationship broke up (wasn't me D: ) and we started messing around a bit.

Right now we don't know what the hell it is we have. We love each other but we've never been in love with each other. We're sort of in a relationship (unofficially), but went straight into that from friendship, without ever passing the ''in love'' checkpoint. Yeess, it's a bit messy.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Well, the girl I'm dating right now I met down at the local coffee shop. She was connected to a circle of friends I had there, and we started hanging out. It was summer when we both realized we were attracted to each other, and it just moved from there. We had a rather deep friendship going, but I didn't feel right moving forward and actually claiming a relationship until about a month or so ago (which is odd for me, I usually move pretty quick). There were a lot of things that we did.. very.. differently, in this relationship. It's been good so far, though.

KarmaB

CROWNED by the BEST
Feb 19, 2008
Salt Lake City, Utah
profile.myspace.com
yeah we all told you it would suck ;)

It doesn't suck at all! I am lucky that in my marriage with TWD I still have opportunities to do things that I could have still done when I was single (travel, do some things with my girlfriends like road trips, get an education, work in any industry I want, etc.) because when most girls get married they give that all up.

I just know I could have lost those opportunities and anyone considering getting married so young should realize these things.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
Don't know if I should call her my "other half" just yet, but she's the cousin of a good friend of mine.

Parents of the good friend held a party for their anniversary, I was invited and the cousin was there. Totally impressed by that girl, but she had a boyfriend and lived not quite in the near vicinity. Off-limits, no big deal. Year later, good friend held her birthday party and the cousin was there again. New boyfriend, still off-limits. We got along really well though and eventually exchanged numbers. Contact got really good from there. Her relationship broke up (wasn't me D: ) and we started messing around a bit.

Right now we don't know what the hell it is we have. We love each other but we've never been in love with each other. We're sort of in a relationship (unofficially), but went straight into that from friendship, without ever passing the ''in love'' checkpoint. Yeess, it's a bit messy.

Stop being a pussy and make a commitment

Mastame

Dec 27, 2004
The Netherlands
Little hard to explain in English D: In Dutch we have distinct words for the two.

I would say "in love" is the butterfly thing, fancying a girl. The feeling on which a relationship is started. Liking each other.
"Love" is what eventually takes over. Like, what people (are supposed to) do later on in a relationship, just deep feelings of compassion for each other. You know. That which makes you say "I love you" to someone.

There's a quite solid distinction tbh. I just worded it a bit crappily.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Met in college.
Dated 3 years.
Gave up my dream of going into Sports Medicine to marry her.
Decided 3 children were enough.
I got a vasectomy so she wouldn't have to have her tubes tied.
Married for 13 years.
6 months ago, she came to the conclusion that my usefulness to her no longer existed.

Game over