Section 8 [PC] on sale!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelKiller

Jan 5, 2006
i must agree this is a must have for any FPS fan. even if its not on sale anymore its still worth buying.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
GET IT NAOW!

No thanks.

The game had potential, but really, it's just a new UT3. Actually, UT3 was even more fun than that. I simply can not get into gameplay mechanics a 9 years old would feel at home with.

i must agree this is a must have for any FPS fan.

Built-in aimbot features is not what makes a FPS fan satisfied. So I call BS on that. :|

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Pfft, LockOn rarely lasts more than .001seconds against most players
Most of the people I've seen playing sport a sensor blocker. First hint of lockon and they tick it on, kills off the lockon charge of the guy shooting at them
After that it's all down to aim

Also, a 9 year old would get so utterly lost halfway through a match with DCMs dropping left and right and people fighting over ControlPoints

I'm the opposite, I'll take Section 8 over UT3 any day

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
And if you notice in the first bit once he loses his locked target behind the rocks the lockon meter at the bottom(ring above cash) drains out completely. Same thing happens with SensorBlocker.
I'd say of all the times I've died ingame, 1 out of 50 is from someone using lockon. The rest is either better aim, me in a bad position(low armor/shield), death by vehicle or just blowing myself up

The video is also the 360 version which damn near needs it

SteelKiller

Jan 5, 2006
D2D is selling Section8 today only for around $12 usd! you cannot beat that price. if you dont have it then i suggest you to buy it at this price its a steal.

and built in aimbot,, really. you must no have played much. that does NOT effect the game at all if any. not every FPS is CS or CoD.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
And if you notice in the first bit once he loses his locked target behind the rocks

That happens like one lock out of one hundred locks. There's barely any cover during combat.

Getting back to this one...
This video tells me otherwise to your otherwise
Watch the orange bar on the right side of the aim reticle. It drains out in 3 seconds

Video comment said:
This video is nothing major, but it was made to show how the scope lock on system works. It shows me killing a bot so bear in mind it is going to look a little easier than play against a real player. Although what it shows is how quick the lock on system turns off and disables before you can use it again.

Please come again?
Stop trying to make valid arguments out of videos that proves nothing at all. The lock on system killed the game.

Last edited:

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I was ready to write out a long post regarding lockon, playercount, the fact that the game still lives and still gets new players but then I decided "f*** it"

Steelkiller is the only other who gives a s*** and Kantham sounds like the 3 others back on the TG forums that bitched and moaned like lockon was the end of all gaming

Either way, I'm done arguing with a brick.
Admins/Mods, at earliest convience please close/lock/delete/whatever this thread

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm sure that it being generic, patched slowly and having poor weapon balance had nothing to do with it and everyone stopped playing because of lockon. I'm positive of it.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Steelkiller is the only other who gives a s*** and Kantham sounds like the 3 others back on the TG forums that bitched and moaned like lockon was the end of all gaming

I don't know for the end of all gaming, but it's a terrible concept that shouldn't ever have existed to begin with. Except maybe fore VS vehicles rockets. Like I previously said, the game had potential, but it couldn't make it because of some concepts that made it faceplant.

Either way, I'm done arguing with a brick.
Admins/Mods, at earliest convience please close/lock/delete/whatever this thread
lol. Bow down. :)

I'm sure that it being generic, patched slowly and having poor weapon balance had nothing to do with it and everyone stopped playing because of lockon. I'm positive of it.

Well I guess you can say lock-on played the most off-pulling part. I tried every weapons in the game, and the assault rifle turned to be the overall best performance with a decent lock-on boosted loadout. It wasn't so hard to figure out. You're in open field, you stand 0 chance against 2 guys having a lock on you, let alone 1 guy. Which happens often if you actually try to play offensive.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I honestly never noticed or cared about the lockon. I used it, other people used it on me. If you felt like that was getting you killed all the time, you were playing the game wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.