Muscles

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
23hsugy.gif

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
It's easy turd.. Remember the typical bootcamp saying, "DROP AND GIVE ME TEN!"?

Multiply the last word in that sentence by 5000, and you're set for solid rock muscles.

Plasmadaemon

Jan 20, 2008
It's easy turd.. Remember the typical bootcamp saying, "DROP AND GIVE ME TEN!"?

Multiply the last word in that sentence by 5000, and you're set for solid rock muscles.

Doing that right now. \o /

Another bit of advice, eat lots. As many meals a day as possible. And drink water regularly.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Is it necessary to use those "Massive Weight Gain Formula" powders?
Surely eating more meat is just as good?

Eating more meat is just as good in terms of protein you take in, but that also means you're consuming much more fat and much more cholesterol. If you're really getting as much protein as possible for weight lifting purposes, it's actually healthier to go with some protein supplements. Or lots and lots of tofu.

~Jason

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Dont really know just have the urge to.
well like someone else already pointed out, you need some kind of goal to work towards. because your body doesn't create muscle without a need for it. you should either find a physically exhaustive hobby that you enjoy doing regularly, get a job as a construction worker, or lift weights religiously.

anything less and you're not really going to get sustainable muscle growth. you might as well be doing calisthenics with those elastic bands that doctors give to people with injured joints to rebuild strength.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Really depends on your body type how much effort you need to put in, right. Still, no pain no gain.

Turddrive in december 2010.

popeyethesyntholm67012fnq2.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Is it necessary to use those "Massive Weight Gain Formula" powders?
Surely eating more meat is just as good?

No you don't need those wight gain formulas. All you need is a good diet revolving around eating a good amount of protein to re build your damaged tissue.

Whey protein powder is a great natural supplement that helps you get your daily protein needs when you don't have the option to load up on tons of chicken and beef every day.

If your into building muscle the plan would be, Having maybe one or two glasses of protein powder each day. One in the morning, and one right after you finish lifting weights.

It also depends on how much you weigh. The more you weigh, the more protein your body will need. If your light weight, then you wont need as much as a person with more mass. You can check for some kind of calculator online that will tell you the exact amount of protein you should have each day, depending on your body.

A side note too the original poster. Look for a balanced work out ruitene because only working a specific body part such as your arms isnt a good way to work out. You want to work your whole body through a week. Why pump up your arms and have huge arms while the rest of your body is a tooth pick? The rest of your body should also have the same proportion.

With only working your arms, there's also a risk in over training. If you do the same arm exercises everyday, you may be damaging your muscle because you aren't giving it any time to rest and recuperate. Over training will do the opposite and actually cause yourself to not gain any muscle at all.

Last edited:

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
Your arms won't grow much if you only work them anyway's. Your body actually tries to keep itself balanced and you'd plateau pretty quickly.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
I know some people use youtube to gain muscles...

To really gain muscles Ill me as a example.

1. The gym sucks and slow to response

2. Don't to your health leaders they are as a dumb as they look and are insulting you

3. Excersize with something heavy that is between 40 -70 pounds everyday by a week they will feel light.

4. Don't bring weights these weights over your head shoulders but instead constantly just picked them up and down and move them around until you are absolutely sure you are will put them over your head or shoulders without injury. I worked with 100 pounds without going small I first just picked up but didnt really do much but just held it off the ground. This will infect tone muscles and strengthen your lifting respone and allow you to build muscle faster to the point you could lift them higher.

5. Always work with something you cant lift over your shoulders, if its too light and easy go hard.

6. Don't beat your wife because you are trying out your new wife beaters.

7. Climb trees. These man made things suck, they are all safe and nice to fall off of. Get a Pine tree or any tall tree and climb it and stay in it for 1-3 hours just climbing to places, not sitting, just hang.

8. Sing while you excersize some spirituals, My mother lifts more when she sings wade in the water when is cooking a blue whale.

9. Dont love yourself, look at your puny body and be disgusted, then wish it away, and say I AM A THE MOST DANGEROUS BEING ON THIS PLANET. A SPEAR IN MY HAND CAN OVERWHELM EVEN THE GREATEST OF SPECIES.

10. Drink water, chase a animal for meat.

11. Sleep.

12. Tell the progress.

Oh -Jes-, Push ups (press ups?) don't actually build muscle very bunch and make you stronger. It can if you are a weakling but it mostly allows you to endure it more.

Last edited:

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
I had initially started lifting in my garage because I had a bench press in there and some free weights. When you do it this way, it's really hard to motivate yourself to go and do it every day.

When I sucked it up and joined a gym, I was working a lot harder and was far more motivated because there were people around me. The atmosphere is just far more welcoming because everyone around you has a similar goal, and I believe it's the only way to see true gains.

I would suggest you go to www.bodybuilding.com and look up the "exercises" tab where it shows the anatomy of the Human muscular structure.

Pick a muscle group, like the pectoralis major, pectoralis minor area of the body, and write a few of those exercises on a piece of paper, then go to the gym and do it. Do the same for the arms and shoulders. You don't have to look up exercises for the legs, because most gyms have like 5 different leg machines. Just rotate those. You don't have to worry about switching up your exercises for like the first 2 months. Your body is new at lifting so it wont really adapt at all.

Since you state that your skinny, you will literally see huge gains after the first 3 weeks, and your confidence will sky rocket. Everyone who sees you every two weeks will notice your improvements if you do it right. Even if you don't exercise 100 percent correctly, because your a beginner, you'll still see gains.

I know you don't want to take anything, but... If you have energy problems, which most people do when they start, you could take creatine. Creatine is stored in the cytosol of muscle cells as phosphocreatine (PCr) and is important in short-term adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production for muscle contraction.

After our body uses ATP(Adenosine Triphosphate) it becomes (ADP)Adenosine diphosphate, and it loses its phosphate. Creatine is phosphocreatine (PCr) and lets (ADP) use it's phosphate which synthesizes it back into ATP, so it can be used as energy again.

Creatine won't help you with exercises that are more than 60 seconds, so it wont help you get muscular endurance, only muscular strength. Water retention in creatine is a side effect, and completely over dramatized. As far as i know, the most water retention you can hold in the muscles is 1 lb with creatine. When people say that creatine users muscles are full of water, they just sound retarded because muscle is 75% water. You can't really overdose on creatine, since a 200 lb man can only store 10g of excess creatine. Any more than that, and you'll just piss it out.

I don't recommend taking creatine if you have the energy to lift naturally. But you will be notably stronger with creatine in short burst muscle contractions.

Sorry for the bad paragraph form, i'm in a rush to study for my finals. I just had to comment because people were joking about something that could be both mentally and physically beneficial to you.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
Thanks

I doubt I'll take Crearine as i am usually not tired after Working out. I Stop when my muscles ache.

I also Like Climbing Trees So I guess I can try that also.

I will measure what i can lift 10 times now and Next week i shal do the same to see if there is any difference.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
What if you are more interested in stamina than strength, just do lots and lots of "reps" right? And can this still cause you to bulk up like you're allergic to something?

Are power and strength the same thing? I know they're not, I just think it's worth someone explaining for clarity.

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
I'm sure if you're really really scrawny then it'll help you bulk up a little bit.

Doing more reps will give you more muscular endurance, but at a sacrifice of muscular strength. TBH, you can be evenly balanced, but if your really strong, you wont have a lot of muscular endurance.

Doing more reps does help with the ability to gain strength, but i dont think it will make you stronger. It builds more capillaries in your muscles, and enough repetitions will build more neurological pathways in your brain so you become more efficient and your technique improves.

High reps doesn't burn fat either. You can't just work out your abs or your arms with high repetition muscle contractions and expect to see fat loss.

The only way for fat loss to occur is from long duration exercises where your at your target heart rate or higher.

I can't answer your power/strength question correctly. But I would assume power is force? Force = mass x acceleration?

Last edited: