UT3 CTF-Cyanide

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
Name: Cyanide

Gametype: Capture The Flag

Size: Ideal for 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 (Max)

Compatibility: Tested with patch 2.1

Description: This is my first map in UT3 so take it easy ;), I made it a few months ago but didn't finish it well so today i just edited it and made the sounds a bit less lousy, I hope you like it and if you have any suggestions please let me know... I know it's very simple but i'm looking forward to making other maps if you find any odd things please post them as i'm looking for what people like and for feedback.

Author: aCRaSSiCauDa

Screenshots:

Download:

PC only: CTF-Cyanide

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
Thanks for the replies.

@HedgeMaster: If you mean that you can't see anything attractive then you're right because as i said it's a very simple map and pretty small, if you mean the screenshots are dark then please give it a try it's only 12MB :)

@Bi()ha2arD: Yeah i found it pretty hard (at least for me) to find different things and put them all together and make sure that they're suitable. By the way what's tyling? :D

I'm looking for tips if you have noticed that something is wrong about the map or any odds please let me know as i'm working on a DM map now. :)

Thanl{s

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
please give it a try it's only 12MB
Would you give a try to a chick who is only 1MB? I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with playablity.

Please, turn the lights on. Dynamic lighthing shouldn't be the only source of light and per-pixel shadow should not apply to all pixels on the screen.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yes, the screenshots should be lightened up a bit so people can see things. Just let people know that the map will play darker. My monitor sucks at work, so the screenshots are too dark.;)

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Well, its a bit repetitive in general judging from the screenshots. You use the same meshes over and over again, for example you have the windows on all 4 walls of the room in the 2nd screenshot. Try getting some variety. Same goes for your lighting, but its not that bad there.

hwkwndl5

Sep 10, 2005
not bad for a first "arena" . probably a lot of fun to play online. the shield was placed in a nice place. the translucent walls in the upper level look awesome.
had trouble seeing the big N displays over the entrances to the bases. there seems to be a grid pattern red and blue letters beneath, but i wouldn't know how to fix that.
keep mapping!

Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
not bad for a first "arena" . probably a lot of fun to play online. the shield was placed in a nice place. the translucent walls in the upper level look awesome.
had trouble seeing the big N displays over the entrances to the bases. there seems to be a grid pattern red and blue letters beneath, but i wouldn't know how to fix that.
keep mapping!

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, I forgot about the red/blue signs on the entrances they're slightly high and not clear behind the grids.

I might do another version of this map with larger space and more areas to fight before reaching the flag and also will try to fix what have been mentioned on this topic once I finish the map I'm working on now.

Thanks all for pointing out my mistakes. :)

D

Drenfrurnindy

CTF Cyanide

Who are the CTF head administrators? I understand this will have the outcome of whether some clans will join or not.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
This is a very small CTF (ok, maybe not as small as I first thought but still small) that looks like three boxes put together with two bases and a middle section. This looks decent enough with the meshes and has nice music and frag sounds, but it plays just OK as 3 boxes.