Anime/Manga thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Yeah maybe I should start my own instead of ****ting in other people's threads.

What is everyone's favorite series? I obviously like Cowboy Bebop. I'm looking forward to seeing what Fox does with the live action Cowboy Bebop movie. What I mean by that is I'm going to be the first one in line to see the movie so I can weep like a small child after they Keanu Reeve's and pals rape and destroy what is probably the greatest animated show ever produced. Its going to be great! Apparently Watanabe is on board as a director but who knows what that means as far as his involvement.

I just finished reading Uzumaki and overall I enjoyed it but the plot goes from spooky to "jesus ****ing christ what the christ am I reading" pretty damn fast. For those of you that haven't read it I suggest you do, you can read it on sites like One Manga.

I really enjoy Fullmetal Alchemist too but I haven't watched any of the new series (Brotherhood) because I am waiting for Funimation to dub it into English since they did such a great job with the first one.

So yeah, this is a thread for anime/manga discussion so I don't have to ****post in other threads about it. Also if you don't want to talk about aforementioned subject please keep your cutting edge "anime sucks you stupid nerd" comments to yourself, or go post in a thread about boobs or pooping or any of the other wonderful discussions that grace this message board.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
The premise and story was crap. The book was clearly written for people around the age of 12 who have just discovered masturbation.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
The premise and story was crap. The book was clearly written for people around the age of 12 who have just discovered masturbation.

so just because you didn't like one manga you gave up on reading any of it?

that's like me stopping watching movies because the only one I've seen is Pearl Harbor by Michael Bay.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
99% of mangas and anime are derivative garbage. Most books and movies in general are like this, but I swear the ratio of interesting/original material to stupid crap is noticeably worse in mangas and anime. There's the pedigree titles of course - GITS, Akira, Princess Mononoke, etc. But there's just as many great graphic novels and animated movies from Europe and North America. If we're going to talk about this, why not include all graphic art media?

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
because only cartoons from the superior nippon have the depth and artistic integrity, even if they are about preteens fighting magical demons

Cryora

Nov 3, 2005
Hey if you guys like wolves, you should watch Wolf's Rain. That's my favorite anime.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Can't stop watching Bleach and Naruto Shippunden at the moment.
Loved the storyline for Deathnote.

Favourite manga, well that's a toss-up between Fist of the North Star and Monster City I reckon.

Edit:

Forgot the classic Ninja Scroll - that's rather cool as well.

Last edited:

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
higurashi no naku koro ni is by very far my favorite anime. very dark, very thrilling, and oh so intriguing !
Umineko no naku koro ni is getting very interesting too !

other animes I have seen and enjoyed : 2x2 Shinobuden, Deathnote (only the first season was enjoyable), code geass, haibane renmei, excel saga, melancholy of hahuri suzumiya...

I'm reading a lot of mangas at the same time, will get a list up.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I go to a Japanese Language School. You wouldn't believe how many people are there from abroad to learn Japanese just because of 13 year old girls in mangas.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I only follow the Hellsing OVAs right now. Too busy with books, games and reading the uncanny X-men from #1 to current issue.