SERIOUS THREAD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
This is probably the least serious crowd I've ever addressed in a serious way. But there are a few thinkers here, and maybe a few of these will take time to read. Further, I know most of you are more worthwhile people than you let on.

In the real world I hold drastically different views on life. I'm occasionally accused of being too serious or thinking too hard about things. My closest friends are twice my age or more, and sometimes they look to me for advice. I respect the Gospel as a moral guide and use its lessons to build character. I'm called a real gentleman, and I sometimes think about marriage.

BuF is my vice, my outlet. I say things here I wouldn't dream of really saying and treat people in ways I wouldn't dare to elsewhere. And I just realized I don't want to keep trying to balance the two personalities. The bitterness has served its purpose and then some.

So to Sir_Brizz, dragonfliet, plumb_drumb, Leonardo, Zxanphorian, M.A.D.X.W, TWD, BobTheBeheader, dotnetbeast, FuLLBLeeD, Darkdrium, Azura, kiff, shadow_dragon, tool and any others I might have insulted or belittled along the way (yes, even you datsylel), I love you all. You'll laugh, you'll quote-murder this post, you'll remind me that the internet is serious bizzness. I'll smile and call it justice. And I'll thank you for teaching me something.

--Daniel

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh yeah. There's quite a few around here who likes to free their daily/weekly stress on the forums.
If there's one thing I learned from BUF is to not take anything on the net seriously.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I always thought it applied to life in general, but maybe it's just me :p

It's a completely different level.

On the internet, people will act in a way they wouldn't in real life.
But then, it doesn't mean it's safe, at all. I've seen a few cases recently, that I'd have preferred not to.

I can and will take serious things, seriously in real life.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
So to Sir_Brizz, dragonfliet, plumb_drumb, Leonardo, Zxanphorian, M.A.D.X.W, TWD, BobTheBeheader, dotnetbeast, FuLLBLeeD, Darkdrium, Azura, kiff, shadow_dragon, tool and any others I might have insulted or belittled along the way (yes, even you datsylel), I love you all. You'll laugh, you'll quote-murder this post, you'll remind me that the internet is serious bizzness. I'll smile and call it justice. And I'll thank you for teaching me something.

--Daniel

Since it's being asked so nicely, bog off and do something worthwhile :D

g4nd41ph

Feb 1, 2005
This is probably the least serious crowd I've ever addressed in a serious way. But there are a few thinkers here, and maybe a few of these will take time to read. Further, I know most of you are more worthwhile people than you let on.

In the real world I hold drastically different views on life. I'm occasionally accused of being too serious or thinking too hard about things. My closest friends are twice my age or more, and sometimes they look to me for advice. I respect the Gospel as a moral guide and use its lessons to build character. I'm called a real gentleman, and I sometimes think about marriage.

BuF is my vice, my outlet. I say things here I wouldn't dream of really saying and treat people in ways I wouldn't dare to elsewhere. And I just realized I don't want to keep trying to balance the two personalities. The bitterness has served its purpose and then some.

--Daniel

I don't mind people posting mean things at all, it's just the internet anyways and even I like joining someone posting like a retard from time to time (also known as trolling).
I know darn well my post that pushed your buttons (or made your trolldar bleep) was completely unreasonable, as were your responses quoting only half of what I said when I stepped out of my troll mobile and creating strawmen out of my words (or perhaps you were just trolling).

Great, now I'm confused... :(

Ah well, at least I trolled Benfica and Jackal... :rolleyes:

If you weren't just trolling, disregard that, I suck cocks.

Sportaçus

Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.
Feb 17, 2009
Kantham should make a thread like this. The first day I came he he bullied me. D:

Last edited:

drakon

Introverted™
Jan 20, 2008
It's a completely different level.

On the internet, people will act in a way they wouldn't in real life.
But then, it doesn't mean it's safe, at all. I've seen a few cases recently, that I'd have preferred not to.

I can and will take serious things, seriously in real life.

Meh. A piece of advice I've gotten is, "take the serious things lightly and the light things seriously." I tend to take both lightly (most of the time), but then again it's probably just me :p

Last edited:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I think Beyond Unreal is actually very serious. But nothing is serious except in it's own way, but you know. Everyone is full of anger here. And passive aggression, and apathy.
It's actually serious in an un-serious way.
But nothing is actually serious, considering the meaning of the word. When nothing actually matters. It's all subjective. Consciously taking seriously things seriously is the opposite of natural behavior and is stupid, but naturally being serious is proper and acceptable no matter the seriousness level of the influence.

Graf1k is obviously fairly cool for unconsciously feeling serious about an issue in a presumed un-serious environment. And being completely aware of these things. This is an awareness most modern idiots don't have anymore. People forget that everything is subjective and everyone has different perception, and most people, sadly, are influenced by other humans in their perception. Which is bad because most humans are wrong.

Sorry for spelling mistakes, I'm using IE.

Last edited: