Prometheus for UDK Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The Prometheus team has released a standalone build of Prometheus for UDK today. The download clocks in at 331mb and can be grabbed from FileWorks right now.

Prometheus is a mission-based, single-player co-op game in the spirit of "Portal" and "Mirror's Edge." By using the Prometheus Device, players bend the laws of Einsteinian physics using the theory of quantum states, meaning that goals are accomplished by completing missions with your past, present and future selves. You'll need to keep your wits about you and your memory sharp in solving puzzles presented with this unique game play mechanic. Progression through the story introduces new challenges, with tasks increasing in difficulty, and a final dramatic conclusion questions present loyalties and even your own existence.

Update a mirror for our Aussie friends from Ausgamers. Enjoy! Press Release in the comments, as usual!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
“Prometheus” Available Now as Free Downloadable Game

Winner of multiple awards in $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest released today

November 6, 2009 – The Prometheus Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of Version 4.0 of its critically acclaimed and award-winning “Unreal Tournament 3” mod, “Prometheus.”

Thanks to the release of Epic Games’ Unreal Development Kit, anyone can now download and play “Prometheus” without the need for any additional game to be installed.

Prometheus is a mission-based, single-player co-op game in the spirit of “Portal” and “Mirror's Edge.” By using the Prometheus Device, players bend the laws of Einsteinian physics using the theory of quantum states, meaning that goals are accomplished by completing missions with your past, present and future selves. You'll need to keep your wits about you and your memory sharp in solving puzzles presented with this unique game play mechanic. Progression through the story introduces new challenges, with tasks increasing in difficulty, and a final dramatic conclusion questions present loyalties and even your own existence.

“Prometheus” Version 4.0 includes:

· A full circle storyline with three new levels

· New awards for tracking progress

· Additional custom textures, meshes and animations

· Bonus original weapon

· New custom layering music system and new voiceovers

· Seamless cutscenes

· New Epimetheus menu with active previews of individual quantum state histories

· Dramatic improvements to the quantum state character movement and firing accuracy

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
eff yeah, congrats to the team. btw, does the team have a name? I'm not in favor of naming them after the leader, I consider it unfair

Arnage

Nov 14, 2005
Did you get early access to the UDK like the ball team or is it really that easy to port over a mod that you were able to do it so quickly?

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
This looks hella interesting, but UT3 doesn't run well on my system. Prometheus looks like it could run though. Do you have some sort of recommended system requirements you could tell us? I checked your website but couldn't find any.

Jam3s

Apr 25, 2008
I'll definitely be downloading this. Loved Prometheus since version 1.

If there's two mods that really "should" win MSUC, they'd be The Ball and Prometheus.

Plenty of other mods are up there too, The haunted, Crucible, Planet Storm, the one puzzle game(kind of like portal except w/o portals :p)... plenty of awesome projects that deserve mention. I just cant remember them all.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
By the way, is there now a way to skips the tutorial? is quite long and I've done it like 4 times already

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
It's time to try it out, because so far I somehow managed to skip it.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Did you get early access to the UDK like the ball team or is it really that easy to port over a mod that you were able to do it so quickly?
Several teams had early access including Prometheus and The Ball, Epic wanted to make sure the UDK was as bug free as possible before it was sent out.
This looks hella interesting, but UT3 doesn't run well on my system. Prometheus looks like it could run though. Do you have some sort of recommended system requirements you could tell us? I checked your website but couldn't find any.
Not sure, but it's not as graphically intensive as UT3 or some other UT3 mods, so it should run well on a lot of systems.
By the way, is there now a way to skips the tutorial? is quite long and I've done it like 4 times already
v3 and the UDK release both have all of the levels unlocked by default. :)

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Do you have UT3 patched to 2.0 or 2.1?

Yup, fully patched. But it doesn't seem to want to follow the shortcuts to any mods, lately.

I have a quick question, though. I started playing Prometheus again (nice rework on the visuals, by the way), and am having problems on the second mission. One of my Q-states goes all mental on me, and can't make a jump I made in realtime, and so can't follow the rest of its script, thus breaking the game. I'm going to try an alternate method of getting through, but thought you might like to know there was a problem.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Yeah, jumping is incredibly inaccurate unfortunately. I'm going to try a completely different approach to the clone playback for the commercial version. Hopefully I'll be able to get rid of all the inaccuracy, especially because I've wanted to add some platforming elements to the game for awhile.

Jam3s

Apr 25, 2008
Do you mean Prometheus?

nah, i think it was called Hazard or something... too lazy to check.
You take different routs, some puzzles are hard, some are easy, but you're not sure if you're ever going the right way to the finish.